Mary J. Blige is the latest music superstar to sign on for a new reality singing competition series. “Opening Act” will debut in July. Blige will team up with American Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe for the series. “In “Opening Act,” Lythgoe and his A-List Artist Development Team will look all over the Internet to find the web’s most talented amateur vocalists and groups, who will then get a once-in-a-lifetime chance to open for a top music superstar,” reports E! Each band or solo act has only days to prepare after a surprise visit that presents them with their biggest break ever.
- MTV VMA's Best and Worst Dressed [PICS]
- Co-Founder of "ALS Ice Bucket Challenge" Drowns at 27
- Woman Sues The Carter's and Claims to Be Beyonce's Surrogate for Blue Ivy!
- What?! Two Dead Bodies Found in SE Columbus Apartment
- 2014 Primetime Emmy Red Carpet Rewind... Best & Worst Dressed [PICS]
- Beyonce's Stellar VMA Performance & Adorable Blue Ivy Watches [VIDEO]