According to legal docs, a judge granted “EV” founding members Cindy Herron and Terry Ellis the exclusive right to use the name “En Vogue” while performing and touring … after a long, drawn-out legal battle with former bandmates Maxine Jones and Dawn Robinson.
Here’s what happened … Cindy and Terry sued Maxine and Dawn for the name plus $1 MILLION in damages back in 2012. They claimed M & D were illegally touring under the “EV” name after the band broke up … but had no right, since C&T owned the LLC.
The judge recently sided with Cindy and Terry — giving them the name — but said the duo failed to prove damages, and were awarded no money. SOURCE
- Join Magic 106.3 At The Heritage Concert Series!
- Heritage Concert Series RECAP [week 1]
- Heritage Concert Series McDonald's Play Area [PHOTOS]
- WIN TICKETS TO SEE BOYZ II MEN!!
- Stone Soul Picnic 2014 Fam Cam [HIGHLIGHTS]
- Girl Wants To Sue Singer August Alsina For Doing What During Sex?!?!
- Top 10 Sexiest Black Actors [PHOTOS]