After an epic 13 hour-long filibuster attempt, Texas Senator Wendy Davis successfully struck down brutal abortion bill SB5 that would ban abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy, and close most abortion clinics in the state.
The filibuster—which was to consist of Davis standing and speaking for thirteen hours straight in order to force the Texas Senate to miss a midnight deadline to pass the bill—began early yesterday, but was halted at about 10 PM CDT when Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst claimed that Davis had violated the strict rules of a filibuster after 11 hours. Senators spent the next hour debating whether or not she did actually violate the rules of a filibuster, before scrambling to vote on the abortion bill before the clock struck midnight.
To read more Click Here
Like Magic 106.3 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
- The Weather Channel Was The Only Channel To Air All Of President Obama’s Speech On Climate Change
- Trial Begins for Two People Accused of Bad Butt Injections
- An Interview With Choreographer Travis Payne
- Time to Get Tested: At-Home Kit Keeps HIV Testing Private
- Little Known Black History Fact: Julian Abele, Architect