Ariel Castro previously pleaded not guilty to charges contained in a 329-count indictment.
The 53-year-old Castro entered a plea Wednesday on an expanded, 977-count indictment. The judge continued his bond at $8 million.
She repeatedly told Castro to raise his head and keep his eyes open during the brief court appearance.
The earlier indictment reflected only part of the alleged crimes’ time frame. It contains aggravated murder charges alleging that Castro purposely caused the unlawful termination of the pregnancy of one of the women.
The women disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004, when they were 14, 16 and 20 years old. Each said they had accepted a ride from Castro. SOURCE
RELATED::Columbus Dad Dies In NC After Rescuing Sons From Ocean