Ne-yo may have discovered her, but to the West Coast RaVaughn was the go-to demo girl sought out by many of the top record labels. From Color Me Badd, Jessica Simpson to Leona Lewis, she was already a stand-out voice heard by many A-list artists. With high hopes of bringing R&B back in a major way, this new kid on the block says she’s more “like a Mary J. Blige” offering girl power vocals like “It’s Over” and “Anybody Else.”
MUST READ: 5 Ways To Wear Your Bold Floral Shorts
But there’s so much more behind this stylish Cali bred songstress than just a few hot tracks! RaVaughn says she’s ”all about showing off her legs and arms.” But she’s more interested in looking fly on a dime exploring looks found at H&M and TopShop–throwing on a pair of leggings and adding an edgy with a pair of Chucks. My kinda of chick!
We caught up with RaVaughn while she was putting the finishing touches on her album. We managed to convince her to take a break to pose for our cameras. Our celebrity stylist, Becca Alexis challenged the newcomer to show us how to take your basic white blouse or your simple black skater skirt and turn them into head turning looks this fall.
Check it out:
Like Magic 106.3 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
- President Obama Explains How He Quit Smoking Newports “I’m Scared Of My Wife” [Video]
- Toni Braxton Confirms Whether Or Not She’s Dating “Old Wealthy White Men” To Get Out Of Debt
- Little known Black History Fact: New Harvard Black History Center
- Rev. Joseph Lowery’s Wife Suffers “Irreversible Damage” From Stroke [VIDEO]
- The Best & Worst Dressed At The Emmys! [GALLERY]