With black made and star films making millions of dollars at the box office, we have proved to Hollywood that black films can sell.
With that said, it makes it a perfect time to celebrate and tell the true story about one of our queens in the civil rights movement. According to a Hollywood report from Variety, a documentary on Angela Davis is in the works and a big name has signed on to play executive producer in the film.
Academy Award-winning actor Forest Whitaker will help shed light on the incredible Angela Davis. The film is in the beginning stages so no word on any castings, locations or plots. However, many are speculating that the film will depict when “Davis being implicated in murder, kidnapping, and conspiracy in connection with the Marin County Courthouse hostage-taking in 1970, for which she was acquitted two years later.”
We are super excited about this news but we do have one question. Who can play and accurately depict Angela Davis? Tell us who you think below!
10 Lady Leaders Of The New Civil Rights Movement
1. Black Women Leaders Of The New Cool1 of 10
2. Johnetta Elzie2 of 10
3. Reverend Traci Blackmon, PrayingWithOurFeet.org3 of 10
4. Ashley Yates-Founder of Millennial Actvists United4 of 10
5. Maria Chappelle-Nadal, Missouri state senator5 of 10
6. Brittany Packnett, The Executive Director of Teach For America in St. Louis6 of 10
7. Brittany Ferrell & Alexis Templeton of Millennial Activists United7 of 10
8. Kayla Reed, Justice Core STL8 of 10
9. Patrisse Cullors, Director @PowerDignity, Co-Founder @Blklivesmatter, Artist. Organizer. Freedom Fighter.9 of 10
10. Black Youth Project 10010 of 10
Source: Hello Beautiful