First Lady Michelle Obama (pictured) is hitting a major milestone Friday, because she is turning the big 5-0, and suffice it to say, she looks fabulous! After five years in the White House, Mrs. Obama has not only steadfastly championed her husband, Barack, our president, but she has always held a high level of respect for herself and others.
Mrs. Obama has served as a shining example to African-American women to cast off stereotypes. The First Lady has rallied behind womanity and has proven that balancing motherhood and a professional career is within reach. Michelle Obama is forthright, smart, accomplished, and she is truly the embodiment of the American dream and the spirit of aspiration.
Now as she enters her 50th year, NewsOne wants to celebrate our First Lady by lavishing her with 10 well wishes that we know she deserves and will absolutely love!
Happy 50th, First Lady, we love you!
1) Who doesn’t love a good chuckle. We’ve seen you enjoy some pretty good belly laughs over the years, and you’ve even cracked up at yourself. So here are a couple of jokes for you by a couple of funny men, and we pray that you never stop laughing.
“Obama says he will be reforming No Child Left Behind. That’s not to be confused with Michelle Obama’s childhood obesity campaign, ‘No Child Left With a Big Behind.’” – Jay Leno
“Taco Bell is product testing a new taco with a shell made of a giant Dorito. Michelle Obama spent the morning watering the White House garden with her tears.” – Jimmy Kimmel
2) Mom-in-Chief, you can certainly bust some moves, and according to the word on the street, you just can’t keep still whenever you hear, “Whip My Hair,” by Willow Smith. You are an exercise enthusiast who has also admitted to working out on the upbeat cut because it really gets you moving. So here’s Willow belting out her song just for you:
We wish you continued high energy — and extra time to do the wobble!
3) We know how much you love fashion and how you have an affinity for independent designers with their own eccentric vision. You love designers, such as Jason Wu, Thakoon, Maria Pinto, Narciso Rodriguez and Zero + Maria Cornejo (designers’ creations are pictured from left to right). You’ve also proven time and again that a woman can grow older without looking old with your fabulous figure and to-die-for arms! First Lady, here are some of your most-stunning looks. May you continue to ignite fashion trends for years to come!
4) We know how you love the “smell-goods!” We also know you have been smitten by classics from the high-end master perfumer Creed with their Love in White perfume, which is your signature scent. The scent’s crisp fruitful fresh notes leave an aromatic trail that is uniquely you. But wait, the old Paris-based perfume house, which was established in 1760, reportedly also sent you a bottle of their latest and greatest perfume, Acqua Fiorentina, which you adore. May you wear the scent in good health always!
5) So we hear that your favorite TV show of all time is that sixties classic sitcom “The Dick Van Dyke Show.” Well, the timeless Emmy Award-winning program, starring Dick Van Dyke (pictured far left) and Mary Tyler Moore (pictured second from left) from 1961 to 1966, is currently in reruns. So our wish for you is that you can steal a moment or two from your jam-packed schedule to just kick back and luxuriate in all of the wholesomeness and laughs the show has to offer.
6) You do love your shoes, and Jimmy Choos are reportedly among your faves. Thankfully, you don’t tend to go for the trendy looks with heel heights that cause nosebleeds. Instead, your shoe selections are conservative, classic, and tasteful. Mrs. Obama we are sending you feel-good-in-your-shoes vibes for feet that don’t hurt in whatever Choos you choose!
7) You are a healthy eater, but you do have a weakness for French fries. We are offering you a low-fat recipe for yummy crispy sweet potato fries that will knock your socks off!
1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
2 large (about 1 1/2 pounds) sweet potatoes
1. Prepare the sweet potatoes: In a small bowl, combine cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Peel potatoes, cut each in half lengthwise, and cut each half into 6 wedges. In a large bowl, combine the cut potatoes, oil, and spice mixture. Toss until potatoes are evenly coated.
2. Bake the fries: On a baking sheet, arrange potatoes in a single layer and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake until edges are crisp and potatoes are cooked through — about 30 to 40 minutes. Serve immediately.
(Nutritional Info Per Serving: 136 Calories, 3.78g Total Fat, 0 Cholesterol, 295 mg Sodium, 24.1 Carbohydrate, 1.73g Protein)
8) We know you’re an avid reader and love so many books, but the one that has reportedly stood out for you is “Song of Solomon” by Toni Morrison. First Lady, you’ve mentioned how you just could not put down the classic and actually devoured it in just one day. We pray that you are able to carve out more quiet time to cozy up in a special corner and allow yourself to be transported by a really good read.
9) Mrs. Obama, you are so full of wisdom and one of your most-memorable quotes speaks to your caliber:
When you’ve worked hard and done well and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you…you reach back, and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed.
This quote underscores the importance of giving back when one climbs that ladder of success. We are sending you arrows of positivity so that you can continue to fuel us with your words.
10) We know you’re a righteous woman who places God first in your life. We offer you this biblical verse from Psalm 55:22 so that your foundation remains strong and is never shaken:
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
NewsOne readers, feel free to add your well wishes for the First Lady to the comments’ section below!
Here’s 10 Well Wishes For The First Lady On Her 50th Birthday! was originally published on newsone.comfeed