- Make healthy eating choices, while eating what you enjoy.
- Eat your favorites in moderation and make substitutions for healthier ingredients.
- Take small steps to a better you
- Rome wasn’t built in a day, so don’t expect to run a marathon in one either!
- Take it slow and choose an activity you love, like dancing to your favorite songs or doing yard work.
- Visit the doc for your check-ups: Get your “numbers” checked regularly to make sure you’re not at risk or suffering from any chronic conditions.
Rani G. Whitfield, M.D., is a board certified family physician with a Certificate of Added Qualification in sports medicine. Known as “Tha Hip Hop Doc,” Dr. Whitfield combines the hip-hop culture and health messages to empower individuals to change unhealthy lifestyles. He is the founder of the “Hip-Hop Medical Moment,” a one-minute audio series on pertinent medical topics. Dr. Whitfield was the medical consultant for BET.com and consults for The Coca-Cola Company.
Get Well Wednesday: Making Diet and Health Changes Stick was originally published on blackamericaweb.com