The terrorist attack on The Emanuel A.M.E. Church in Charleston was horrific and unfortunately all too familiar. Roland Martin tells us on “The D.L. Hughley Show,” this is the wake-up call for this generation to step up to the plate.
“This is the wake-up call that says we’ve been making off like a fat rat, riding on the hard work of our parents,” said Martin. He tells us it’s our turn to make sure we’re challenging authority and going after these hate groups and crimes. Listen to the audio player to hear more of his commentary on the shooting that left nine black people dead in a tragic massacre.
Listen to the “The D.L. Hughley Show” LIVE weekdays 3-7 p.m. EST!
Snapshots In Ferguson: Waiting For Justice
1. Boarding Up The CourthouseSource:Getty 1 of 15
2. QuikTrip PreparesSource:Getty 2 of 15
3. Don't ShootSource:Getty 3 of 15
4. Taping Up The MailboxesSource:Getty 4 of 15
5. We Will Not Be Silent5 of 15
6. 101 Days6 of 15
7. Demonstrators Persist7 of 15
8. Police Line Up8 of 15
9. Police Line Face Off9 of 15
10. Chief Of Police Speaks10 of 15
11. Mike Brown Memorial11 of 15
12. Demonstrations Continue12 of 15
13. The Push Forward Project13 of 15
14. Michael Brown's Mother14 of 15
15. Evening Vigil15 of 15
Roland Martin On The Emanuel AME Shooting: “This Should Be A Wake Up Call” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on thedlhughleyshow.com