Nicki set the Internet on fire last night when she dropped a verse on Gucci Mane’s song Make Love, which left fans convinced the Barb was taking multiple shots at Remy. Well Remy was listening and waiting with one in the chamber because she dropped Shether a few minutes ago and it is thoroughly disrespectful.
“You see, silly rabbit, to be the queen of rap / You gotta sell records, you gotta get plaques,” Nicki raps on the Gucci track.
While Nicki relied on her signature braggadocious flow and metaphors like “I’m the iPhone, you the Nokia,” Remy takes personal shots at Nicki’s failed relationship with Meek Mill, alleged plastic surgery, claims that Safaree was her ghostwriter and the legal drama surrounding her brother.
“Who supports a pedophile? Nicki Minaj,’ Remy spits on the legendary Ether beat Nas used against Hov in 2001.
Music heads have been buzzing about the stewing beef for weeks. Up until now, Remy Ma has made it very clear she wasn’t taking shots at Nicki Minaj on popular verses like the Wait A Minute (Remix) where she raps, “Get rid of those fake breasts / And put a vest on this b*tch chest.”
Remy denounced rumors she was coming at Nicki in a recent interview on Hot 97.
“Girl never did nothing to me. … Any person I ever had a problem with or felt any type of way about, I will have no problem saying your name,” Remy Ma said. “I don’t want you sitting there wondering if I’m talking about you…I’m going to say your name, your government name.”
Staying true to her word, Remy mentioned Nicki directly when she posted the cover art to Shether on Instagram.
Nicki isn’t backing down and posted this response on Instagram.
What do you think of Remy’s record? Did she go too far mentioning Nicki’s brother, or is all fair in war?
Article Courtesy of HelloBeautiful
First Picture Courtesy of J. Countess, Alexander Tamargo, Getty Images, and HelloBeautiful
Audio Courtesy of Soundcloud, Remy Ma, and HelloBeautiful
Video and Second Picture Courtesy of Instagram and HelloBeautiful
Maxwell & Mary J. Blige Perform King & Queen of Hearts Tour [Photos]
1. Maxwell & Mary J. Blige Performs King & Queen of Hearts TourSource:Getty 1 of 34
2. Maxwell & Mary J. Blige Performs King & Queen of Hearts TourSource:Getty 2 of 34
3. Maxwell & Mary J. Blige Performs King & Queen of Hearts TourSource:Getty 3 of 34
4. Maxwell & Mary J. Blige Performs King & Queen of Hearts TourSource:Getty 4 of 34
5. Maxwell & Mary J. Blige Performs King & Queen of Hearts TourSource:Getty 5 of 34
6. Maxwell & Mary J. Blige Performs King & Queen of Hearts TourSource:Getty 6 of 34
7. Maxwell & Mary J. Blige Performs King & Queen of Hearts TourSource:Getty 7 of 34
8. Maxwell & Mary J. Blige Performs King & Queen of Hearts TourSource:Getty 8 of 34
9. Maxwell & Mary J. Blige Performs King & Queen of Hearts TourSource:Getty 9 of 34
10. Maxwell & Mary J. Blige Performs King & Queen of Hearts TourSource:Getty 10 of 34
11. 615054804Source:Getty 11 of 34
12. 14793923910861Source:Getty 12 of 34
13. 14793923954045Source:Getty 13 of 34
14. 14782851646054Source:Getty 14 of 34
15. 14793923985999Source:Getty 15 of 34
16. 1479392405235Source:Getty 16 of 34
17. 14793924107899Source:Getty 17 of 34
18. 1479392453568Source:Getty 18 of 34
19. 14793924539387Source:Getty 19 of 34
20. 14793924566295Source:Getty 20 of 34
21. 14793924599534Source:Getty 21 of 34
22. 619217332Source:Getty 22 of 34
23. 14793924633618Source:Getty 23 of 34
24. 14793924657306Source:Getty 24 of 34
25. 619217240Source:Getty 25 of 34
26. 14793924755749Source:Getty 26 of 34
27. 14793924763919Source:Getty 27 of 34
28. 619217216Source:Getty 28 of 34
29. 14793924836638Source:Getty 29 of 34
30. 14793924975342Source:Getty 30 of 34
31. 14793925054612Source:Getty 31 of 34
32. 14793925078206Source:Getty 32 of 34
33. 14782852594006Source:Getty 33 of 34
34. 14793925147992Source:Getty 34 of 34
Yikes: Remy Ma Drops Vicious Diss Record ‘Shether’ On Nicki Minaj was originally published on wzakcleveland.com