You may have been asleep but the U.S. strike Syria.
We are learning more from the authorized air strike that President Donald Trump order late Thursday night.
Via Huffington Post:
- The U.S. military launched its first direct attack by the Syrian government on Thursday.
- The move was conducted in retaliation for Tuesday’s chemical weapon attack in an opposition-held area.
- American allies have expressed support for the U.S. strikes, while Syria and Russia have condemned the action as an “aggression.”
“Assad choked out the lives of helpless men, women and children,” Trump said Thursday at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. “Even beautiful babies were cruelly murdered at this very barbaric attack. No child of God should ever suffer such horror.”
Trump said the attack was in the “national security interest of the United States to prevent and deter the spread and use of deadly chemical weapons.” He called on “civilized nations” to join in seeking to “end the slaughter and bloodshed” in Syria.
Three key points to remember:
- This is another strike that was ordered with any threat aimed or targeted towards America.
- This is another strike that was not authorized by Congress.
- Trump tweeted back in 2013 that then President Barack Obama should not attack Syria even when they use chemical warfare in the past.
With these key points, we see many politicians and Americans on social media not agreeing with the president’s decision.
However, not everyone is against the air strike including our allies.
Keeping our fingers cross that we do not get into any more wars.
End Of Days: Twitter Reacts To Donald Trump's Inauguration
1. Same, same, same.Source: 1 of 3
2. Where's Clark Kent when you need him?Source: 2 of 3
3. Or a Twilight Zone episode.Source: 3 of 3