On Thursday the “Anti” singer flexed her Twitter fingers reminding #45 of the dangers of his inaction to the devastation Hurricane Maria has left in Puerto Rico. Tweeting a pic of the cover of the recent edition of The New York Daily News, she wrote the following caption: “Dear @realDonaldTrump I know you’ve probably already seen this, but I just wanted to make sure! Don’t let your people die like this.”
As we previously reported, since the hurricane hit the Caribbean last week the majority of the 3.5 million American citizens on the island of PR are living without clean water, electricity, cell phone service or reliable medical care. While Trump has been slow to act or acknowledge the devastation, on Thursday he finally issued a temporary 10-day waiver that would overturn an outdated federal statue from 1920 that regulates commerce and shipping between U.S. ports.
By bypassing this restriction, he is making it easier for much-needed aid to reach the island.
Apparently Trump’s previous refusal was explained by his claim that “lots of shippers” were against the action to lift the Jones restrictions.
After the 10-day period, the waiver can be extended if needed, DHS spokesman David Lapan told CNN. He said the waiver was approved after it was determined that doing so was in the interest of national defense. In addition, the US Army has been tapped to lead the recovery operations in Puerto Rico, the Daily Beast reported.
These recent moves had Rihanna in delight:
Keep on lighting that fire under this president!
How Rihanna Is More Presidential Than Donald Trump
1. Rihanna Arrives to the Elysee Palace in Paris to meet President Emmanuel Macron
Source: 1 of 15
2. Rihanna at the Elysee PalaceSource:Getty 2 of 15
3. First Lady of France Brigitte Macron and RihannaSource:Getty 3 of 15
4. France's First Lady Brigitte Macron escorts Rihanna inside Elysee PalaceSource:Getty 4 of 15
5. French President Emmanuel Macron and Rihanna
Source: 5 of 15
6. French President Emmanuel Macron and Rihanna
Source: 6 of 15
7. Rihanna Talks With The Press Regarding Her Talk With President Macron
Source: 7 of 15
8. Rihanna with French press
Source: 8 of 15
9. Rihanna Receives a Humanitarian Award from Harvard University
Source: 9 of 15
10. Harvard Foundation Honors Rihanna As Humanitarian Of The YearSource:Getty 10 of 15
11. Rihanna Is Good With Kids
Source: 11 of 15
12. She Shows All Kids Love
Source: 12 of 15
13. Rihanna Plays With Ashad Khaled
Source: 13 of 15
14. Rihanna For 2020
Source: 14 of 15
15. Rihanna For President
Source: 15 of 15
Rihanna Takes To Twitter To Remind Trump About Puerto Rico: ‘Don’t Let Your People Die Like This’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com