We’re learning MORE from Bobby Brown‘s recent sit down with Us Weekly. One of the things he did was give conflicting dates about Bobbi Kristina’s passing, leading some to believe she died long before the family announced it to the public.
Brown died from lobar pneumonia on July 26, 2015, after being in a coma for nearly six months. However, according to Bobby, his daughter actually died three days before his birthday (Feb.5th), which would have been February 2, 2015.
“We do our private things to honor her,” he said. “She passed away three days before my birthday, so we definitely honor her at all times,” he said, noting that he would like for fans to remember Bobbi Kristina as someone who “was talented, beautiful and loved life.”
Bobbi Kristina was found in her bathtub, unconscious with a concoction of several drugs in her system on January 31, 2015. After doctors determined she had “significantly diminished” brain function, they placed her in a medically induced coma and told Bobby Brown that chances of her fully recovering would be “a miracle.” By February 2, 2015, it was reported that Bobbi Kristina was relocated to Emory University Hospital, she remained in a coma and on a medical ventilator. Thus, Bobby’s statement that ‘she died three days before his birthday,’ adds up.
“She was a beautiful young lady. And what she wanted to do with her life, I wish everybody could have seen,” Brown exclusively told Us Weekly of the late daughter he shared with ex-wife Whitney Houston. “Music, entertainment. She was better than me. She was better than her mother.”
After Bobbi’s passing, Brown created the non-profit organization Bobby Kristina Serenity House, which raises awareness about domestic violence and provides housing and aid to victims.
“I just think people should be aware that they have someplace to go. When you are going through bad times and you are going through being abused, Bobbi Kristina’s Serenity House is there for you,” Bobby Brown told Us. “That’s the easiest way I can say it. It’s too much. Too many women and too many men are being hurt by this disease that people have, abusing people. It’s just not right. I need to do something about it.”
Meanwhile, on March 4, Bobby will host the Celebration of Serenity Gala, which would have also been Bobbi Kristina’s 25th birthday.
My Love Is Your Love: A Look Back At Bobbi Kristina With Whitney And Bobby
1. June 1993Source:Ron Galella, Ltd./WireImage 1 of 30
2. January 1993Source:Ron Wolfson/The LIFE Images Collection/Getty Images 2 of 30
3. MarchSource:ditorium in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by 3 of 30
4. June 1995Source:Ron Galella, Ltd./WireImage 4 of 30
5. July 1995Source:Ron Galella, Ltd./WireImage 5 of 30
6. December 1996Source:(Ron Galella, Ltd./WireImage) 6 of 30
7. September 1998Source:Ron Galella, Ltd./WireImage 7 of 30
8. March 1999Source:Jim Smeal/WireImage 8 of 30
9. January 2000Source:F. Scott Schafer/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images 9 of 30
10. 80600247Source:M. Caulfield/WireImage 10 of 30
11. May 2002Source:Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic, Inc 11 of 30
12. November 2003Source:Frank Mullen/WireImage 12 of 30
13. August 2004Source:Lee Celano/WireImage 13 of 30
14. September 2009Source:Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage 14 of 30
15. November 2009Source:Kevin Mazur/AMA2009/WireImage 15 of 30
16. February 2011Source:Gregg DeGuire/FilmMagic 16 of 30
17. February 2011Source:Larry Busacca/Getty Images For The Recording Academy 17 of 30
18. February 2012Source:Gabriel Olsen/FilmMagic 18 of 30
19. February 2012Source:Tibrina Hobson/WireImage 19 of 30
20. February 2012Source:Paul Zimmerman/Getty Images 20 of 30
21. May 2012Source:Ethan Miller/Billboards2012/Getty Images for ABC 21 of 30
22. May 2012Source:Christopher Polk/Billboards2012/Getty Images for ABC 22 of 30
23. May 2012Source:Christopher Polk/Billboards2012/Getty Images for ABC 23 of 30
24. May 2012Source:Kevin Mazur/WireImage 24 of 30
25. August 2012Source:Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic 25 of 30
26. October 2012Source:Christopher Polk/WireImage 26 of 30
27. October 2012Source:Shareif Ziyadat/FilmMagic 27 of 30
28. January 2014Source:Tiffany Rose/WireImage 28 of 30
29. January 2014Source:Getty/Imeh Akpanudosen 29 of 30
30. August 201430 of 30
Bobby Brown Says Bobbi Kristina Died Months Before Public Knew was originally published on wzakcleveland.com