Reality TV star Lyric McHenry was found dead on Tuesday (August 15) in New York City.
According to the New York Daily News, McHenry was found unresponsive without her pants on a sidewalk in The Bronx around 5am. The paper reported that authorities believe that her death may be a result of a drug overdose–a bag of cocaine was found by her body.
“There were no obvious signs of trauma observed,” a NYPD statement read.
“EMS responded to the location and transported the aided female to Bronx Lebanon Hospital, where she was pronounced deceased.”
McHenry was also 20 weeks pregnant.
The Daily News claims that hours before she was discovered, McHenry posted videos on Instagram while partying at the Frederick Hotel, the SoHo Grand and Dream Downtown in lower Manhattan.
An autopsy is scheduled to be performed on the Stanford University grad.
Her family issued a statement to PEOPLE to set the record straight about their loved one, regarding certain headlines about her death that have been salacious and disrespectful.
“Despite the speculation in earlier reports, at this point in time the cause of Lyric’s death has yet to be determined.”
“In contrast, what is factual and known is that Lyric who just turned 26 last week on August 6, was a brilliant, creative and lovely young woman who shared a deep passion for writing, film and a long-standing commitment to social justice. She was a Christian who grew up in Los Angeles and attended the Center for Early Education and graduated from the Marlborough School in Los Angeles.”
“Lyric graduated from Stanford University in 2014 where she studied in Paris, France for a year and spoke fluent French. She began her career in the entertainment industry as an intern on The Real Hollywood Husbands TV show. Thereafter, she worked at United Talent Agency (UTA) and found her true passion, internet content and went on to work at Refinery 29 and Complex.”
In 2016, McHenry and her sister Maya produced a show with reality-TV and longtime star EJ Johnson,”EJNYC.”
On August 6, Johnson celebrated McHenry’s birthday posting a picture of them on his Instagram page.
“”Happy birthday to my best friend who has strutted with my in princess gowns since day 1.” @lyric_leigh words cannot express how much I love and appreciate you in my life,” the caption read. “Your constant love, respect and companionship gives me the confidence to live my truth every single day and I am so blessed that even as baby divas we recognized the greatness in each other. I love you.”
The investigation remains ongoing.
Sending prayers to her family.
This is a developing story and we will provide updates as they become available.
Article Courtesy of HelloBeautiful
First Picture Courtesy of Gilbert Carrasquillo, Getty Images, and HelloBeautiful
Second Picture Courtesy of Getty Images
Tweet and Third Picture Courtesy of Twitter and HelloBeautiful
Fourth Picture Courtesy of Instagram and HelloBeautiful
Remembering Aretha Franklin [PHOTOS]
1. 2016 Kennedy Center Honors - ArrivalsSource:WENN 1 of 36
2. Aretha Franklin during an appearance on NBC's 'Late Night with Seth Meyers.'Source:WENN 2 of 36
3. 102nd White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - ArrivalsSource:Getty 3 of 36
4. Minnesota Vikings v Detroit LionsSource:Getty 4 of 36
5. Aretha Franklin during an appearance on NBC's 'Late Night with Seth Meyers.'Source:WENN 5 of 36
6. The BET Honors 2014Source:WENN 6 of 36
7. Aretha Franklin performs liveSource:WENN 7 of 36
8. Aretha Franklin performs liveSource:WENN 8 of 36
9. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 9 of 36
10. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 10 of 36
11. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 11 of 36
12. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 12 of 36
13. BET Honors 2014: Debra Lee Pre-DinnerSource:WENN 13 of 36
14. 38th Annual Kennedy Center Honors' on CBS.Source:WENN 14 of 36
15. ArraySource:WENN 15 of 36
16. New York premiere of 'Selma' - ArrivalsSource:WENN 16 of 36
17. ArraySource:WENN 17 of 36
18. ArraySource:WENN 18 of 36
19. Billboard Women in Music Luncheon 2014Source:WENN 19 of 36
20. ArraySource:WENN 20 of 36
21. Late Show with David LettermanSource:WENN 21 of 36
22. ArraySource:WENN 22 of 36
23. ArraySource:WENN 23 of 36
24. ArraySource:WENN 24 of 36
25. ArraySource:WENN 25 of 36
26. ArraySource:WENN 26 of 36
27. ArraySource:WENN 27 of 36
28. ArraySource:WENN 28 of 36
29. ArraySource:WENN 29 of 36
30. ArraySource:WENN 30 of 36
31. ArraySource:WENN 31 of 36
32. ArraySource:WENN 32 of 36
33. ArraySource:WENN 33 of 36
34. ArraySource:WENN 34 of 36
35. ArraySource:WENN 35 of 36
36. aretha franklin deathSource:CS 36 of 36
EJ Johnson’s Longtime Friend And Reality TV Star Lyric McHenry Found Dead In NYC was originally published on wzakcleveland.com