Planning a wedding in itself is stressful enough to make the average person lose their damn mind — but in rare instances, it can make someone really go off the deep end. Case in point, this viral Facebook post that’s being shared all over the internet, which originated via screencaps on Twitter over the weekend.
In the cautionary tale that followed, a woman (with her identity concealed) lamented that she had been forced to cancel her wedding with just four days left to go, and that she and her fiancee had broken up due to “recent and irreparable problems.”
So just what did this loser do, cheat on her? With her sister? With her mom??
Alas, if only things were that simple.
The woman, who many are speculating is named “Susan” for point-of-context, went on to describe her relationship with her ex. Like something straight out of a fairy tale, she met the “love of her life” when she was just 14-years-old. They dated through high school, and he proposed with a ring that she specifies as being worth nearly $5,000.
Susan found herself pregnant at 20 and soon after gave birth to the couple’s son. From there, she focused on her career and saved until they had enough money for a modest $15,000 wedding. Sadly, that’s when the wheels came off of her so-called fairy tale.
After visiting a local psychic, Susan became convinced that to make her marriage truly spectacular, that they needed to have a destination wedding in Aruba, which at $60,000 was just a smidge out of budget.
That’s when Susan turned to her family and friends, looking to crowdsource the money for her wedding. While her ex’s family donated $3,000 and her maid-of-honor gave them $5,000, all they needed was the small sum of $1,500 from the rest of the guests to make her dream of living like a “Kardashian for a day” happen.
Suffice to say, she wasn’t able to raise the money (even attempting a GoFundMe campaign) and then her fiancee made the grave mistake of suggesting that they just get married in Vegas. She then had a falling out with her maid-of-honor (who again, had given her a whopping $5,000) and even suspected her fiancee of cheating on her.
Finally, she signed off, essentially giving the double bird to everyone who had stabbed her in the back and saying that she would see everybody in two months — as she previously revealed that she was planning to go backpacking in South America to “explore her soul” and rid herself of “toxic energy.”
We’d say that this guy clearly dodged a serious bullet, except for the fact that he’ll likely have to provide spousal and child support to Susan for the next 18 years. R.I.P. in peace.
READ MORE: Uproxx.com
Article Courtesy of Uproxx
First Picture Courtesy of Digital Vision. and Getty Images
Second Picture Courtesy of Yellow Dog Productions and Getty Images
Third through Eighth Picture and First through Fifth Tweet Courtesy of Twitter and Uproxx
Remembering Aretha Franklin [PHOTOS]
1. 2016 Kennedy Center Honors - ArrivalsSource:WENN 1 of 36
2. Aretha Franklin during an appearance on NBC's 'Late Night with Seth Meyers.'Source:WENN 2 of 36
3. 102nd White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - ArrivalsSource:Getty 3 of 36
4. Minnesota Vikings v Detroit LionsSource:Getty 4 of 36
5. Aretha Franklin during an appearance on NBC's 'Late Night with Seth Meyers.'Source:WENN 5 of 36
6. The BET Honors 2014Source:WENN 6 of 36
7. Aretha Franklin performs liveSource:WENN 7 of 36
8. Aretha Franklin performs liveSource:WENN 8 of 36
9. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 9 of 36
10. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 10 of 36
11. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 11 of 36
12. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 12 of 36
13. BET Honors 2014: Debra Lee Pre-DinnerSource:WENN 13 of 36
14. 38th Annual Kennedy Center Honors' on CBS.Source:WENN 14 of 36
15. ArraySource:WENN 15 of 36
16. New York premiere of 'Selma' - ArrivalsSource:WENN 16 of 36
17. ArraySource:WENN 17 of 36
18. ArraySource:WENN 18 of 36
19. Billboard Women in Music Luncheon 2014Source:WENN 19 of 36
20. ArraySource:WENN 20 of 36
21. Late Show with David LettermanSource:WENN 21 of 36
22. ArraySource:WENN 22 of 36
23. ArraySource:WENN 23 of 36
24. ArraySource:WENN 24 of 36
25. ArraySource:WENN 25 of 36
26. ArraySource:WENN 26 of 36
27. ArraySource:WENN 27 of 36
28. ArraySource:WENN 28 of 36
29. ArraySource:WENN 29 of 36
30. ArraySource:WENN 30 of 36
31. ArraySource:WENN 31 of 36
32. ArraySource:WENN 32 of 36
33. ArraySource:WENN 33 of 36
34. ArraySource:WENN 34 of 36
35. ArraySource:WENN 35 of 36
36. aretha franklin deathSource:CS 36 of 36
Woman Cancels Wedding After Most Guests Refuse to Pay Her Bill was originally published on wzakcleveland.com