America woke up to trolling again on Tuesday after a devastating week of violence, racism and hatred towards persons of color and marginalized communities.
But then again, this would account for most weeks in America, so there’s also that.
“Axios on HBO” released a snippet of an upcoming interview with the guy in the White House, where he states his plan to violate the 14th amendment with an executive order. He says it’s because, a group of people he refers to as “they,” told him it could be done.
The interview is set to air on Sunday, just two days before the midterm elections.
See said word salad here:
“It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don’t,” Trump said. “You can definitely do it with an act of Congress. But now they’re saying I can do it just with an executive order.”
He wasn’t done.
“We’re the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States, with all of those benefits,” Trump said.
This is actually false. But again we’re living in an era where being factual really doesn’t matter. But for those who do care, Politifact has the receipts. About 30 other countries also grant birthright citizenship.
“It’s ridiculous. It’s ridiculous. And it has to end,” Trump continued. He said he has spoken with his legal advisers and that the move to issue the directive was “in the process.”
“It will happen, with an executive order,” Trump said.
The 14th amendment is composed of four sections. Section 1 states the following:
“All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”
But now it’s the plot of land where Trump wants to hang his soiled flag of hate.
Immediately, constitutional advocates and people who actually read tweeted the complete absurdity of Trump’s claim, that an amendment could be completely eradicated without going through the three branches of government.
Though Trump’s obsession with the country’s southern border and maintaining that an inhumane caravan of migrants have taken over is baseless and despicable, the history within the framework of the 14th amendment cannot and probably will not, be undone.
Article Courtesy of MadameNoire
First Picture Courtesy of Pool and Getty Images
Second Picture Courtesy of Chip Somodevilla and Getty Images
First Video Courtesy of YouTube, HBO, and MadameNoire
Second Video and First through Sixth Tweet Courtesy of Twitter, HBO, and MadameNoire
Remembering Aretha Franklin [PHOTOS]
1. 2016 Kennedy Center Honors - ArrivalsSource:WENN 1 of 36
2. Aretha Franklin during an appearance on NBC's 'Late Night with Seth Meyers.'Source:WENN 2 of 36
3. 102nd White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - ArrivalsSource:Getty 3 of 36
4. Minnesota Vikings v Detroit LionsSource:Getty 4 of 36
5. Aretha Franklin during an appearance on NBC's 'Late Night with Seth Meyers.'Source:WENN 5 of 36
6. The BET Honors 2014Source:WENN 6 of 36
7. Aretha Franklin performs liveSource:WENN 7 of 36
8. Aretha Franklin performs liveSource:WENN 8 of 36
9. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 9 of 36
10. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 10 of 36
11. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 11 of 36
12. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 12 of 36
13. BET Honors 2014: Debra Lee Pre-DinnerSource:WENN 13 of 36
14. 38th Annual Kennedy Center Honors' on CBS.Source:WENN 14 of 36
15. ArraySource:WENN 15 of 36
16. New York premiere of 'Selma' - ArrivalsSource:WENN 16 of 36
17. ArraySource:WENN 17 of 36
18. ArraySource:WENN 18 of 36
19. Billboard Women in Music Luncheon 2014Source:WENN 19 of 36
20. ArraySource:WENN 20 of 36
21. Late Show with David LettermanSource:WENN 21 of 36
22. ArraySource:WENN 22 of 36
23. ArraySource:WENN 23 of 36
24. ArraySource:WENN 24 of 36
25. ArraySource:WENN 25 of 36
26. ArraySource:WENN 26 of 36
27. ArraySource:WENN 27 of 36
28. ArraySource:WENN 28 of 36
29. ArraySource:WENN 29 of 36
30. ArraySource:WENN 30 of 36
31. ArraySource:WENN 31 of 36
32. ArraySource:WENN 32 of 36
33. ArraySource:WENN 33 of 36
34. ArraySource:WENN 34 of 36
35. ArraySource:WENN 35 of 36
36. aretha franklin deathSource:CS 36 of 36
Words Mean Things: Trump Wants To End Birthright Citizenship & Proves He’s Really Just…Not Smart was originally published on wzakcleveland.com