What in the world is what most people were thinking when they saw Cardi B hit the red carpet at the 61st Annual GRAMMY Awards. But to all of the fashion enthusiast around the world, we grasped our pearls and praised Cardi for stunting on everyone once again
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
How was Cardi stunting on the red carpet? Cardi wore vintage French designer Thierry Mugler’s 1995 – 1996 fall/winter couture collection. Mugler is a costume designer that has worked with the biggest stars over the years like Beyonce, Madonna, Lady Gaga, David Bowie, Jennifer Lopez and more.
Mugler designed the gown as a nod to Botticelli’s iconic Birth of Venus painting to resemble an open clam and Cardi B is the pearl inside. So for all of you that were wondering what Cardi was doing on the GRAMMYS red carpet… she was having couture fashion iconic moment.
View this post on Instagram
“Totally Gracefull Lady. And more than a great Actress, a stunning Personna” @manfredthierrymugler about @simonettagianfelici – thank you @voguemagazine #Repost @voguemagazine ・・・ Simonetta Gianfelici's life in fashion began unexpectedly, in 1981, when a professor asked if she would pose.Thirty-seven years after her first shoot, Gianfelici is still working as a model, but the lion’s share of her time is devoted to scouting and supporting young talent, both in Italy and Africa. We caught up with the peripatetic blonde in Rome, to talk about fashion then and now. "I’ve been a muse to Thierry Mugler and Vivienne Westwood. I think what Thierry really appreciated my power body and my soul, so fragile and so pure, that mix." Tap the link in our bio for more from Simonetta Gianfelici. #couturissime
Cardi also wore Mugler during her performance of Money on the GRAMMY stage. This look that reminded many of a nod to Josephine Baker came from Mugler’s 1995 20th anniversary collection. All of Cardi’s looks were styled by her go to stylist Kollin Carter. He has been responsible for many of her head turning looks.
View this post on Instagram
✨🔥✨ “New stage beast and most natural beauty. Love you @iamcardib !!” 💗💗💗 wearing my 1995 20th anniversary dress Styled by @kollincarter ✨💪🏻✨ #grammys #cardib #muglerarchives #thierrymuglerarchives #mugler #thierrymugler #manfredthierrymugler @kollincarter @muglerofficial
Black Hollywood Hits the Red Carpet at the 61st Annual GRAMMY Awards
1. Toni Braxton at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 1 of 20
2. H.E.R. AT 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 2 of 20
3. Daniel Caesar at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 3 of 20
4. Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner Grammy Awards 2019 ArrivalsSource:WENN 4 of 20
5. Janelle Monáe at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 5 of 20
6. Fantasia Barrino at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 6 of 20
7. Ella Mai at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 7 of 20
8. Tierra Whack at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 8 of 20
9. George Clinton at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 9 of 20
10. Miguel and Nazanin Mandi at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 10 of 20
11. Ashanti at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 11 of 20
12. Andra Day at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 12 of 20
13. Swae Lee and Miguel at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 13 of 20
14. Jimmy Jam and Bella Harris at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 14 of 20
15. Cardi B and Offset at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 15 of 20
16. Halle X Chloe at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 16 of 20
17. Chaka Khan at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 17 of 20
18. Tracee Ellis Ross at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:Getty 18 of 20
19. Eve at 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:WENN 19 of 20
20. Alicia Keys 61st Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource:WENN 20 of 20
- HERPES SPIKE AT COACHELLA?
- Tamron Hall Delivers Baby Boy! [PHOTOS]
- Joe Biden Announces He’s Running For President In 2020 [VIDEO]
- ‘Empire’ Recap: It’s Looking Like Andre Is Really Going To Die
- Loni Love Swears By These Plus-Size Fashion Lines: Eloquii, Ashley Stewart & ASOS
- Planet Fitness Offers Teens Free Memberships for Summer, Scholarships and More
- ABC is Bringing The Jeffersons Back in a Live Presentation Starring Jamie Foxx
- Father Of 7-Year-Old Killed By Stray Bullet Begs Shooter: ‘Show Your Face’
- CDC: Over 150 sickened from E. coli outbreak including Ohio!
- Argument Between Columbus Neighbors Turns Deadly