According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- #BlackExcellence: Jharrel Jerome & Billy Porter Are The Kings Of The Emmys
- 10-Year-Old Girl Goes Viral For Posting Video Celebrating Her Beautiful Afro
- OHIO: 22 Men Allegedly Attempted To Engage In Sex With Minors
- Taraji P. Henson Shows Off Her Natural Twist-Out…And We’re Here For It!
- HAUGHT OR NAUGHT: H&M Under Fire For Neglecting A Young Black Models’ Hair, The Popular Retailer Defends Hairstyle
- Are You A Hairstylist Living In The NYC Metro Area? Then You Need To Be At The 2019 Extensions Expo
- Ben Carson Reportedly Continues War On Trans Community With ‘Disrespectful’ Comments
- Arrest Made In Connection To The Fatal Stabbing Of New York Teen
- No Charges Will Be Filed Against Cop Who Shot And Killed Ty’Rese West [Video]
- D.L.’s Top 10 Things Women Do When He Doesn’t Call