According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Cash Reward Offered for Arrest in 2017 Murder in East Columbus
- Memorial Day Weekend Weather: Pop-Up Storms, Possibly Severe Sunday
- 1 in Critical Condition after Being Hit by Vehicle in Polaris
- American Ninja Warrior’s Here This Weekend!
- Newport On The Levee Bans Smoking & Vaping
- No Vote On Decriminalizing Marijuana In Cincinnati
- SMH: Gas Prices Jump 30 Cents Ahead Of Memorial Day Weekend
- Check Out A Preview Of The Taste Of Cincinnati
- Check Out New Developments In Camp Washington
- Cast Of “Alladin” Reveals What It Was Like Working With Will Smith As He Brought The Genie Back To Life