According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Win Cash from Magic!!
- Derek Chauvin Found Guilty On All Charges In Death Of George Floyd
- Man Shoots His Shot, Woman Turns Him Down, So He Shoots Her!?
- Barack Obama Slayed Shaq And Barkley In a Education Game Of The Dozens
- Auntie Maxine’s Not New To This, She’s True To This: 5 Times Maxine Waters Took a Stand
- ‘Jaslyn Will Not Die In Vain’: Family Holds Vigil For 7-Year-Old Girl Killed Outside Chicago McDonald’s
- Vanessa Bryant Speaks On Ending Kobe’s Longtime Deal With Nike
- How to Get a Marijuana Card in Ohio
- Canna Luxe: Because Black Women Deserve Luxury Smoking Products On 4/20 And Beyond
- Ahead of Chauvin Verdict, Florida Enacts ‘Racist’ Law Protecting Drivers Who Hit BLM Protesters
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — April 20, 2021:This Was Murder — Rep. Maxine Waters Threatened — Coronavirus Update