A Columbus mother and her 11-year-old middle school daughter are facing charges after a fight on a local school bus.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The incident happened on April 8th and all started because of bullying. Both girls are students at Champion Middle school. Who was being bullied isn’t clear because both mothers of the daughters involved, Donita Sinett and Daja Cox, say that they were being bullied.
Sgt. John Blubaugh with the Columbus Division of Police told NBC4i that they counted 10 punches in the video that was captured by the school bus camera. When asked Cox said, “I told her, you know if they’re going to keep bullying you, you’re going to have to handle it. We’ve already talked to teachers, we’ve already talked to principals, we’ve already talked to everyone and no one wants to get involved.”
Towards the end of the video, Cox and her 18-year-old son can be seen getting on the bus shouting threats. They both have been charged with disorderly conduct. Sinett’s daughter suffered injuries of a black eye and busted lip.
It's National Police Week, Here Are Some Black Officers!
1.1 of 12
2.2 of 12
3.3 of 12
4.4 of 12
5.5 of 12
6.6 of 12
7.7 of 12
8.8 of 12
9.9 of 12
10.10 of 12
- OHIO: 22 Men Allegedly Attempted To Engage In Sex With Minors
- Taraji P. Henson Shows Off Her Natural Twist-Out…And We’re Here For It!
- HAUGHT OR NAUGHT: H&M Under Fire For Neglecting A Young Black Models’ Hair, The Popular Retailer Defends Hairstyle
- Are You A Hairstylist Living In The NYC Metro Area? Then You Need To Be At The 2019 Extensions Expo
- Ben Carson Reportedly Continues War On Trans Community With ‘Disrespectful’ Comments
- Arrest Made In Connection To The Fatal Stabbing Of New York Teen
- No Charges Will Be Filed Against Cop Who Shot And Killed Ty’Rese West [Video]
- D.L.’s Top 10 Things Women Do When He Doesn’t Call
- Say What? Lala Anthony Is Guilt Of This Beauty Faux Pas
- Beyoncé Vs. Lisa Bonet: Black Twitter Debates Two Icons