During Sunday’s taping of Watch What Happens, the Scream: Resurrection star got candid after a caller asked her to share her thoughts regarding everything that came to the surface after the airing of Lifetimes’ docu-series Surviving R. Kelly.
Text “RICKEY”to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
“The whole thing was eye-opening, painful, sad, disappointing and heartbreaking,” Palmer said.
Host Andy Cohen then asked Palmer if she was surprised about what was revealed in the documentary.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
“Yes, because that’s not the side I knew,” she continued. “That’s not the person that I worked with. That’s not the experience I had. So, just imagine if you’re having a great experience with someone and then you’re hearing all this stuff it’s like, ‘Why didn’t you show them what you showed me?’ That’s the feeling I had.”
“I hated talking about it because I felt like, man, you were a friend to me but then I’m seeing you as a foe to others and I’m hurt for them,” she continued. “How do I feel about it? How do I put myself in this position now? It was very sad. I think that anybody that loved him as a person probably feels that way. That’s not something you want to hear about somebody that you cared for.”
Sunday’s appearance was the second time Palmer publicly spoke on the allegations revealed in the docu-series. After the series aired, Palmer took to Instagram to express the hurt and sadness she felt knowing that so many victims had come to forward to share their stories of abuse.
“Just finished Surviving R. Kelly and I have spent the last hour crying. As a student of R. Kellly’s for the time I was and having been around his light and understanding he obstacles he overcame as a child to actually be birthed into the musical genius he is today…All to put others through the same darkness he was running from is the most disheartening to accept,” KeKe wrote.
“I will stand by my sisters because that’s simply what’s right and what I hope discontinues this behavior in anyone. We have to bee good to each other, not all of us accept the list but those of us that do must be responsible!!!” she continued.
This story was originally posted on madamenoire.com.
Keke Palmer [PHOTOS]
1. MTV TRL Presents Charli XCX, Quincy Brown & Dolan TwinsSource: 1 of 22
2. FOX’s ‘Star’ – Season TwoSource: 2 of 22
3. Street Style – New York Fashion Week February 2018 – Day 2Source: 3 of 22
4. MTV TRL Presents Charli XCX, Quincy Brown & Dolan TwinsSource: 4 of 22
5. MTV TRL Presents Charli XCX, Quincy Brown & Dolan TwinsSource: 5 of 22
6. MAC Cosmetics Celebrates Jeremy Scott CollaborationSource: 6 of 22
7. Celebrity Sightings In New York – January 11, 2018Source: 7 of 22
8. Vanity Fair x Instagram Celebrate the New Class of Entertainers at Mel’s Diner on Golden Globes WeekendSource: 8 of 22
9. Celebrities Visit SiriusXM – October 10, 2017Source: 9 of 22
10. The Paley Center For Media’s 11th Annual PaleyFest Fall TV Previews Los Angeles – EPIXSource: 10 of 22
11. John Wall Birthday Celebration Hosted By Ludacris & Teyana TaylorSource: 11 of 22
12. Keke Palmer Screen ShotSource: 12 of 22
13. FOX’s ‘Star’ – Season TwoSource: 13 of 22
14. 2017 LudaDay Celebrity Basketball GameSource: 14 of 22
15. 2017 Luda Fam DaySource: 15 of 22
16. Winterfest 2017Source: 16 of 22
17. Hellessy – Front Row – February 2018 – New York Fashion WeekSource: 17 of 22
18. Cushnie Et Ochs – Front Row – February 2018 – New York Fashion Week: The ShowsSource: 18 of 22
19. FOX’s ‘Star’ – Season TwoSource: 19 of 22
20. Keke Palmer & Saving Our Daughters Holiday Doll GiveawaySource: 20 of 22
21. Celebrity Sightings in New York City – January 11, 2018Source: 21 of 22
22. Bumble Presents: Empowering ConnectionsSource: 22 of 22
ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- See All The Adorable Photos Of Trey Songz’s Son, Noah
- Tina Lawson Proudly Shows Off Beyonce’s Waist-Length Hair [VIDEO]
- “I Lost Everything Twice”: Fantasia Explains Why She Does Everything For Herself