20-year-old Brooke “Skylar” Richardson of Carlisle, Ohio is probably breathing a sigh of relief after she was acquitted by jurors Thursday, September 12th for murdering her newborn baby girl. Richardson was facing life in prison for allegedly killing her newborn baby and burying her the child in the backyard of her parent’s home within days of her senior prom.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to reports, a tip was given to a local doctors office that then alerted the police. Police responded by searching the home where Richardson had been living in Carlisle with her parents where they found a baby buried in a shallow grave.
Richardson was arrested and charged with aggravated murder, involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment charges. Richardson’s defense was that the baby was stillborn. Prosecutors claimed that the baby wasn’t stillborn and that she wanted to keep her “perfect life”. There were conflicting reports whether the baby Richardson named “Annabelle” was alive or not at birth.
Richardson was acquitted on all charges except for abuse of a corpse. This charge could get Richardson up to a year in prison but she could get probation for the charge. Many on social media are comparing this case to the nationally watched Casey Anthony trial.
Watch the verdict for Richardson’s trial here:
1. George ClooneySource: 1 of 18
2. Eddie LevertSource: 2 of 18
3. Lebron JamesSource: 3 of 18
4. Anita BakerSource: 4 of 18
5. Gerald LevertSource: 5 of 18
6. John LegendSource: 6 of 18
7. Katie HolmesSource: 7 of 18
8. Dave ChappelleSource: 8 of 18
9. Kid CudiSource: 9 of 18
10. Steven SpielbergSource: 10 of 18
11. Drew CareySource: 11 of 18
12. Nancy WilsonSource: 12 of 18
13. Sarah Jessica ParkerSource: 13 of 18
14. Neil ArmstrongSource: 14 of 18
15. Phillip Michael ThomasSource: 15 of 18
16. Thomas EdisonSource: 16 of 18
17. Kym WhitleySource: 17 of 18
18. Steve HarveySource: 18 of 18
- Watch the Future History Makers Virtual Awards Banquet 2021
- Win 1K Daily from Rickey Smiley and Keyshia Cole
- D’Angelo’s Black Mink Coat Stole The Show At Last Night’s Verzuz
- Mama Tina Slays In Her Ivy Park
- WATCH: Springdale Police Release Bodycam Video of Delrico Oliver Arrest at Sky Zone
- Ayesha Curry Says Switching To A Dairy-Free Lifestyle Helped Improve Her Skin, Acne And Overall Gut Health!
- Chloe x Halle Take On Futuristic Fashion In ‘Ungodly Hour’ Video
- Ben Jealous Compares Stacey Abrams’ Political Genius To A Game Of Spades: ‘Sacrifice In Order To Win’
- Biden Administration’s Continued Deportations Of Black Immigrants Raise Concerns
- Reversing Course: Obama Says He Favors Reparations As Proposed Legislation Gains More Support
- Tank Debuts ‘Can’t Let It Show’, Talks New Movie Role & Transitioning Into Stand Up Comedy [WATCH]
- Throwback: Halle Berry’s Sexy 90s Dress Sends Twitter Into A Tizzy
Young Ohio Mother Accused of Killing Burying Her Newborn Baby Gets Not Guilty Verdict was originally published on thebuzzcincy.com