According to The Blast, R. Kelly is being accused by prosecutors of hiding a boatload of cash in his childhood friend’s bank accounts.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Court documents show that prosecutors believe the R&B singer is flat out lying about being broke and that he has been diverting his music royalty payments to a third party.
“The defendant’s contention that he has “almost no financial resources” is also misleading. In fact, the defendant continues to receive hundreds of thousands of dollars in connection with royalties he is owed for his music.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The government’s investigation has revealed that earlier this year, the defendant re-directed those royalties to the bank account of a childhood friend. Regardless of where those funds are being held, however, they belong to the defendant and, at any time, the defendant can redirect those funds – and future royalty proceeds earned – to an account in his name.”
If true, things could get even uglier for Kelly as he sits in jail already facing a slew of other charges.
Timeline Of R. Kelly’s Sexual Assault Accusations
1. 1994: R. Kelly Marries AaliyahSource: 1 of 10
2. 1996: Tiffany Hawkins Eues R. Kelly For Alleged Sexual MisconductSource: 2 of 10
3. 2000: Chicago Police Open An InvestigationSource: 3 of 10
4. 2002: Patrice Jones Sues R. Kelly After He Allegedly Got Her Pregnant
Source: 4 of 10
5. 2003: Florida Police Charge R. Kelly With Child Pornography
Source: 5 of 10
6. 2003: The Girl In The 2002 Sex Tape Was 14
Source: 6 of 10
7. 2008: R. Kelly Wins His Illinois Trial
Source: 7 of 10
8. 2017: Mississippi Sheriff Sues R. Kelly
Source: 8 of 10
9. 2017: R. Kelly Accused Of Holding Women Hostage In His Home
Source: 9 of 10
10. 2018: Unnamed Woman Accuses R. Kelly Of Giving Her An STI
Source: 10 of 10
R. Kelly Accused Of Hiding Money In Childhood Friend’s Bank Account was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com