After more than a decade of wedded bliss, 2 Live Crew’s Uncle Luke seems to be on the cusp of being a single man once again, and the worst part is he never saw it coming.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to Page Six the 90’s Hip-Hop legend was “blindsided” when his wife, Kristin Thompson, decided to file for divorce after 12 years of marriage. Interestingly enough the decision to separate left the “Doo Doo Brown” rapper speechless as he held his vows sacred and never intended to jump the broom only to eventually throw it all away.
Luke said in a statement that Kristin Thompson filed for a split on July 17. “It’s mind-boggling, hurtful, and a total surprise. I never intended to get married to get divorced,” he said, “That’s not in my DNA nor my family’s history. I believe in the sacred vows, for better or worse, but I have to respect her decision.”
Interesting as you’d think a famous rapper would be looking forward to living the bachelor life all over, but hey, to each his own. While it’s easy to jump to conclusions and think that maybe the split is a result of Luke getting out of pocket with his wife or even stepping out of his marriage, he insists that neither of those things have happened and will focus on being a good father to their son.
“Under no circumstances was there any infidelities nor verbal or physical abuse by me,” he said, “I am now trying to make peace with her decision as best as I can. It will take time. The most important focus for me now is our son and being the best parent I can in this situation.”
Well, at least he’s going about this with his grown man pants on and now that the divorce is inevitable, the Miami rapper is asking that everyone respect the couples privacy for their “son’s sake,” and just let the process play out unfold peacefully.
- Inmate Who Stabbed Derek Chauvin Was Inspired By Black Lives Matter Movement: Report
- Recession Forthcoming? President Joe Biden Joins the Rickey Smiley Morning Show [LISTEN]
- Malik Smiley Graduates from Alabama State University [LISTEN]
- Report: Minor Earthquake In Northeast Ohio
- ‘Rosa Parks Day’: CBC Urges Congress To Adopt Federal Holiday In Honor Of Civil Rights Icon
- Ex-Louisiana Cop Gets Light Sentence For Tasing, Beating And Pistol-Whipping ‘Nonviolent’ Black Man
- Diabetes Awareness Month: How To Travel Smart With Type 1 Diabetes
- FBI Agent Was A Carjacking Victim In Washington, D.C., Highlighting Rising Crime Trend
- Texas Man Angry At ‘BLM Antifa’ Sentenced For Threatening Georgia Officials Online Over 2020 Election
- Da Brat And Judy Navigate Motherhood In This ‘Brat Loves Judy: The Baby Special’ Exclusive Clip
Uncle Luke Surprised As Wife Files For Divorce After 12 Years Of Marriage was originally published on hiphopwired.com
Aaron Hall Talks His Sex Game, Calls His Manhood "Historical D#$%" and What Singers Watched Him Have Sex! What in the World?! [VIDEO]
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
Angel Reese Speaks Out Amid Rumor She Was Suspended For Poor Grades, Social Media Chimes In
Beavercreek Walmart Shooting: Four Injured, One Dead
Join Us in the Spirit of Giving as We Kick Off The Great Holiday Giveback
12 Days of Holiday Magic
Two Crazy Grandma's Fight While Daughter Gives Birth
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022