According to NBC4i, In Mid June, pardon my French, all Hell is going to break loose,” Prof. David Shetlar, Professor Emeritus of Entomology at The Ohio State University said, “and they’re going to come out by the millions.”
After 17 years of hibernation, Brood X of the periodical cicadas will be coming to the surface and taking over parts of Ohio, Northern Kentucky and Eastern Indiana, including here in Columbus.
Right now there are no signs of emergence, but later in April, we will start to see the mounding of soil in spots where the Brood X are getting ready to emerge. And once they do, they’ll be hard to ignore due to not only their sound and size.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Front Page News: Two More Officers Who Responded To Capitol Riots Have Committed Suicide [WATCH]
- Nurse Alice Informs Parents On How To Prep Kids For Returning To In-Person School [WATCH]
- City of Columbus Cracks Down on Reckless ATV Use Leads to Arrest, Seizure of Vehicles & Guns
- T.I. Was All Smiles While Breaking Down His Arrest In New Amsterdam Following “Biking Incident” Involving A Police Officer
- President Barack Obama’s Birthday Bash Cuts Down Guest List Due To Delta Variant
- Grandmaster Flash Says He Heard Dr. Dre’s New Album And It Will Change The Game
- Three Central Ohio Restaurants, Concert Hall Requiring Vaccine, Negative COVID-19 Test for Entry
- Sign Language Interpreter Steals The Lollapalooza Show Signing ‘WAP’
- Michael Jai White Opens Up About Losing His Son To COVID-19
- Big Sean’s Black Hair Magic Post Is The Ultimate Thirst Trap