According to NBC4i, Ohio State announced Monday the athletics department is creating an “NIL Edge Team” to help athletes continue to navigate through the name, image and likeness era.
The first six months saw 220 Buckeyes engage in 608 reported NIL activities with a total compensation value of $2.98 million. All three figures rank No. 1 nationally, according to Opendorse.
“Our guidelines were initially created to be restrictive, but now that we have a better understanding of NIL, it’s clear that we can provide more assistance in connecting student-athletes with interested brands,” said Carey Hoyt, Ohio State senior associate athletics director and primary administrator for OSU’s NIL programs. said.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Lori Harvey Shows Off Her Tiffany & Co. Partnership On Instagram
- Porsha Williams Shares Photos From Her Lavish Engagement Shoot
- Houston Police Arrest Man Accused Of Killing Takeoff
- Suspects Arrested & Charged in Connection to Takeoff’s Murder [Photos]
- Cross-Burning White Supremacist Pleads Guilty To Federal Hate Crime
- Maria More’s Best Wellness Gifts For The Christmas Season [WATCH]
- Cardi B Flaunts A Curve-Hugging Mesh Jumpsuit During Miami Art Basel
- Gabrielle Union And Dwayne Wade Are Holiday Fashion Goals For Date Night
- Hot Spot: Kevin Hunter No Longer Getting Alimony & Wants More Money From Wendy Williams [WATCH]
- Poll Shows Sen. Raphael Warnock Still Holds Slim Lead Over Herschel Walker