Although the week’s cases are slightly higher than last week’s 3,460, they’re only the second-smallest weekly increase this school year since NBC4 began tracking in September.
Like with Ohio’s cases overall, those reported among school students and staff have dropped dramatically since a peak in January. Just a month ago, schools reported 23,354 new cases, more than six times higher than Thursday’s count.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Baby dies of fentanyl overdose; three charged
- Buckeyes to play Georgia in College Football Playoff semifinals
- Keke Palmer Reveals She’s Pregnant!
- Op-Ed: Advocating For A Strong Media Must Be Part Of Broader Racial Justice Work
- Keke Palmer reveals baby bump on Saturday Night Live
- Lori Harvey Trends After Wearing A Denim Burberry Ensemble
- JT Celebrates Her Birthday With A Sexy Photoshoot
- Health officials: Westerville store exposed to measles Thursday
- Growing concerns after 50 confirmed measles cases in central Ohio
- AIDS Memorial Quilt Makes Its Way To Alabama