While attempting to arrest Jewell — a homicide suspect accused of fatally shooting Enrique D. Forney Jr. — in February 2020, Columbus police officers Howard Brenner, Glenn Thivener and Mark Dilello reportedly knocked on the door of the 17-year-old’s hotel room in the 800 block of East Dublin Granville Road, according to the Franklin County Prosecutor’s Office.
Upon identifying themselves as law enforcement, Jewell reportedly opened the door and immediately fired at the officers, the prosecutor’s office said. The responding officers returned fire, and Jewell was taken to Riverside Methodist Hospital, where he later died.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- WGA Reaches Deal With Studios, Streamers To End Writers Strike
- Win Tickets to See Wu-Tang Clan and Nas!
- ‘Sheeeeiiitttt’: Sen. Bob Menendez’s Bribery Indictment Is Giving Clay Davis Vibes From ‘The Wire’
- Alabama School District Promises ‘Disciplinary Action’ For Students’ Racist Snapchat Messages
- NJ Airport Restaurant That David Brooks Falsely Complained About Is Black-Owned
- Tamar Braxton, Mama Braxton, and Rickey Smiley Talk Grief & Growth [WATCH]
- Tamar Braxton on Love and War 10th Anniversary Tour + ‘Changed’ Live On-Air [LISTEN]
- Memphis Jail Deputies Indicted For Beating Black Inmate To Death
- Irvo Otieno’s Family Agrees To $8.5M Settlement In Black Man’s Untimely Death
- Real Cases, Real Damn Funny: BET Announces Premiere Date For ‘Ms. Pat Settles It’ + Trailer
CARESOURCE BACK TO SCHOOL OFFICIAL CONTEST
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
EN VOGUE SETTLE LAWSUIT, TWO MEMBERS LOSE NAME RIGHTS
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
What Your Favorite Celebs Wore to the MTV VMA Awards
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Listen To Magic On Your Amazon Echo