According to NBC4i, a South African woman was arrested at John Glenn International Airport Thursday for allegedly sending synthetic drugs to Ohio prisons.
Tanya Baird, 46, of South Africa, was arrested by federal agents on charges that she mailed 69 packages — 34 of which were delivered to southern Ohio — to people incarcerated in the U.S. that contained K2, a synthetic cannabinoid, and Suboxone, a prescription medicine used to treat opioid addictions, from June to August 2021, according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Ohio.
Baird, who appeared in federal court Thursday, reportedly obtained K2 from China and doused legal documents with the substance from South Africa before mailing them to the U.S., the release said.
On some occasions, the attorney’s office said another unnamed person delivered the packages on behalf of Baird to Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction facilities, where the person collected proceeds from incarcerated people.
For the full NBC4 story click here
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Sheryl Lee Ralph Receives Royal Treatment While In Ghana
- HBCU U-KNOW: Morgan State’s Valerie Thomas is the Mother of 3D [LISTEN]
- Distracted driving law in Ohio goes into effect next week
- Marjorie Harvey Gifts Steve Harvey A Virgil Edition Maybach
- Damson Idris Talks Relationship With Lori Harvey: ‘Life Is Great’
- Gabrielle Union And Her Daughter Recite Self-Affirmations Together In A Touching Instagram Reel
- Jodie-Turner Smith Says Biracial Daughter Is Helping Her ‘Heal’ From Colorism Issues
- Everything We Know: Jonathan Majors Arraigned On Assault Charges
- Trent Shelton Explains the Importance of Relationship Building
- Shark Tank’s Daymond John Gives Financial Literacy Advice
Who Jumped Tekashi 6ix9ine? Tweet Claims IG Video Shows Name Of Man Stomping Rapper
REPORT: Sean Lampkin, Best Known as Nipsey on “Martin,” Dies at 54
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022
Active Shooter At Nashville Elementary School; Gunned Down
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Can We Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
Urban One Columbus and Columbus Urban League Job and Recruitment Fair