According to NBC4i, concealed and open carry guns will be permitted at the Ohio State Fair that begins in two weeks, but the spokesperson for the State Highway Patrol said Wednesday that there is a catch.
Lt. Nathan Dennis said this is no different than in years past, but firearms are permitted outside only. Fair patrons are not permitted to bring guns inside any structures, including barns, food establishments and concert venues.
Last week, the Highway Patrol told NBC4 they have an increased security plan in place for the fair in light of recent mass shootings at public gatherings.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Rickey Smiley’s Son, Brandon, Passed Away At 32
- One of the Twins that Was a Subject of Ohio Amber Alert Has Died
- Keke Palmer Shares A Peek Into Her ‘Once Upon A Baby’ Themed Baby Shower
- Angela Simmons Gives Us Fashion Goals In A Silver Two Piece Set
- Jordyn Woods Responds To A Woman Who Criticized Her New Clothing Line
- Lori Harvey Stepped Out For Dinner In Maison Margiela
- Trending on The Timeline: Meagan Good gets Divorce Advice from Whoopi Goldberg
- Alicia Keys Strikes A Pose In A Pat Bo Dress While On Vacation
- GRAPHIC: Tyre Nichols “Inhumane” Body Cam Footage Released
- Tyre Nichols’ Brutal Arrest Video Released, His Mother Doesn’t Want Children To Watch