According to NBC4i, a man was found dead Monday night in the parking lot of a convenience store on the East Side.
Around 11:30 p.m., Columbus police said they found Robert J. Lester, 52, suffering from a gunshot wound to his head at the parking lot of Livingston Market in the Driving Park neighborhood. Investigators — who determined the shooting occurred in the 1900 block of West Broad Street after talking to a second victim — said they believe Lester was shot in the Hilltop and later driven to the East Side, where he died from his injuries.
The second victim, 34, was reportedly in a car at the time of the shooting but was not injured. It is unclear who was driving the car at the time of the shooting.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Black History Now: Celebrating our Culture & History
- Gun Recovered from Student at Marion Franklin High School Thanks to a Parent
- Columbus considers reducing Downtown speed limit
- Columbus Bed Bath & Beyond among slew of stores closing
- Justine Skye Gives Us Style Goals In A Christopher Esber Gown
- Don’t Call It Attitude! Why Anger In Black Women Might Just Be Anxiety
- Fans Are Swooning Over Eric Kofi-Abrefa And We Can’t Blame Them!
- Urban One Launches Podcast Network For BIPOC Audiences
- Big Up / Let Down: Black Photogs Get A Disney Doll Deal + Kenya Barris’ N-Word Hot Take
- Ed Reed Claims BCU Player Was Suspended After Spotlighting Concerns About Resources