According to NBC4i, An off-duty officer was shot at early Friday morning, prompting the temporary closure of Interstate 71 North.
Columbus police confirmed that just before 6 a.m. an off-duty officer was shot at while driving his KIA SUV to work on Interstate 70 eastbound towards I-71 North when he slowed down to let a silver SUV merge into the lane. At the same time a passenger in a black SUV, which occupied the opposite lane next to the officer, fired three shots at the officer’s car.
The driver’s side door and driver’s side rear passenger window were hit and then the black SUV fled northbound on I71.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Tom Joyner’s Flashback: On This Day Featuring Gordon Parks
- Russ Parr’s Black History Moment: James McCune Smith
- 101-Year-Old Former Montford Point Marine Receives Congressional Gold Medal
- Suspected White Supremacists Arrested For Alleged ‘Racially Motivated’ Plot To Attack Baltimore’s Power Grid, FBI Says
- Rickey Smiley Thanks Those Who Attended Brandon Smiley’s ‘Standing Ovation’ Memorial [WATCH]
- The 5 Blackest Grammy Awards Moments
- Gary’s Tea: Beyoncé Breaks Record For Most GRAMMY Wins In History [WATCH]
- Jonathan Majors Oozes Sexy On The Cover Of Ebony Magazine
- Should The Monday After Super Bowl Be A National Holiday? [WATCH]
- Columbus Metropolitan Library Celebrating 150 Years