According to NBC4i, Measles is a growing concern for central Ohio health officials as the number of cases continues to increase.
Of the 50 confirmed cases in unvaccinated individuals, most have been discovered in daycare centers. However, Westerville City Schools shared with families there was one case discovered in the district. Community member said the outbreak does not surprise them.
“Those things happen — it’s around,” said Galena resident, Jack Gilkerson. “Parents have to make a decision whether to vaccinate their kids or not.”
The case in Westerville is the first made public in a school district. The name of the school the child attends was not shared.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- The Murder Of Tyre Nichols: A Timeline Of Events
- Exclusive: Lyfe Jennings Talks New Music, Battling Stage Anxiety And Rebuilding His Brand
- Now, That’s Black History! TSU’s Aristocrat of Bands Celebrates Legendary Grammy Wins
- This Is What You Came For: Rihanna’s Wax Figure Revealed At Madame Tussauds New York
- Time to Slow Down! Speed limits changing in Downtown Columbus
- Florida’s Black Affairs Board Apologizes After Member Calls Ron DeSantis ‘Racist’
- Draya Michele Serves Lewks In A Multicolored Mini Dress
- Columbus Police Under Fire for Inaccurate MLK quote on cruiser to ‘celebrate’ Black History Month
- Columbus police officer involved in second shooting in five months
- New Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Podcast Series Spotlights Epidemic In The South