According to NBC4i, Sunday marks two years since Casey Goodson Jr. was shot and killed by now retired Franklin County Sheriff’s Deputy Jason Meade. Every day since, Goodson’s mother, Tamala Payne, has worked to keep her son’s memory alive.
“Casey was full of life, full of love. His siblings, that’s all he cared about. His siblings were like his kids, he was an old soul, he was a wonderful dude,” Payne said.
Payne said some days are difficult, but she keeps pushing through for her son. On Sunday, the anniversary of his death, Payne got together with other family and friends for a celebration of Goodson’s life. Pictures and messages of love for Goodson were placed all around the space.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- The Murder Of Tyre Nichols: A Timeline Of Events
- Exclusive: Lyfe Jennings Talks New Music, Battling Stage Anxiety And Rebuilding His Brand
- Now, That’s Black History! TSU’s Aristocrat of Bands Celebrates Legendary Grammy Wins
- This Is What You Came For: Rihanna’s Wax Figure Revealed At Madame Tussauds New York
- Time to Slow Down! Speed limits changing in Downtown Columbus
- Florida’s Black Affairs Board Apologizes After Member Calls Ron DeSantis ‘Racist’
- Draya Michele Serves Lewks In A Multicolored Mini Dress
- Columbus Police Under Fire for Inaccurate MLK quote on cruiser to ‘celebrate’ Black History Month
- Columbus police officer involved in second shooting in five months
- New Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Podcast Series Spotlights Epidemic In The South