According to NBC4i, Bob McGrath, one of the original cast members of Sesame Street, has died at age 90.
News of his death was shared in a Facebook post Sunday evening, saying he died peacefully at his home surrounded by his family.
McGrath joined Sesame Street as a founding cast member in 1969, playing the character of Bob Johnson. He would remain part of the cast for several decades before his retirement in 2016.
Sesame Workshop shared a touching tribute to McGrath on Facebook, mourning the loss of the man who played the show’s longest-running human character.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Exclusive: Lyfe Jennings Talks New Music, Battling Stage Anxiety And Rebuilding His Brand
- Now, That’s Black History! TSU’s Aristocrat of Bands Celebrates Legendary Grammy Wins
- This Is What You Came For: Rihanna’s Wax Figure Revealed At Madame Tussauds New York
- Time to Slow Down! Speed limits changing in Downtown Columbus
- Florida’s Black Affairs Board Apologizes After Member Calls Ron DeSantis ‘Racist’
- Draya Michele Serves Lewks In A Multicolored Mini Dress
- Columbus Police Under Fire for Inaccurate MLK quote on cruiser to ‘celebrate’ Black History Month
- Columbus police officer involved in second shooting in five months
- New Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Podcast Series Spotlights Epidemic In The South
- State Of The Union Guests Highlight Black Americans Affected By Police Brutality