We are sad to report that actor/comedian Sean Lampkin, best known for his role as bar owner “Nipsey” in the 90s sitcom Martin, has reportedly passed away at the age of 54.
As reported by Essence, the news of his death was confirmed on Facebook by his friend Marsel Watts on March 8. “My friend, my last roommate for 10 years, a father and family man, my brother, skate buddy, business partner, and trainer passed away this morning. RIP Sean Lampkin,” she said.
Another friend, Memnar Grayton, also paid tribute to Lampkin, mentioning that he passed away in his sleep. “Sean gave us every morning the shining sun to lead his loved ones and friends down paths that are bright and clear of any danger. He gave us streams of love every day when we’re not feeling good, or we don’t seem to not want to do anything,” he wrote.
“But the thought of his loud laugh and adorable smile made you change any negative thoughts to positive ones,” Grayson added. “He’s that type of man. He gave us his time and effort to situations that he had no clue of, but was there to support us for the cause. He gave us his emotions when any family or friend needed sympathy or empathy for their emotional situations.”
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
A native of Los Angeles, Lampkin made a name for himself, performing in clubs and theaters across the country. Developing a close friendship with Martin Lawrence, Lampkin would land his breakthrough role as “Nipsey” in Lawrence’s iconic series. Appearing in seasons 3-5, Lampkin’s character was a fan favorite.
Lampkin would also appear in a few of Lawrence’s films, including Big Momma’s House, Life, and Bad Boys II.
SOURCE: Essence Magazine
- Latto Is Stunning In Rick Owens At 2023 iHeart Radio Awards
- Vote for Joy to Win a Stellar Award for Station of the Year
- Small Doses: Kandi Burruss Talks Side Effects Of Girl Group Dynamics
- Blac Chyna Wears A T-Shirt Of Kim Kardashian To Show ‘Support’ For The Reality TV Star
- Gabi Fresh Swim x ELOQUII’s Collaboration Will Bring Out Your Inner Baddie
- Gary’s Tea: Malia Ann (Obama) Rocks A New Name and New Look
- Keke Palmer Shares Life Story In Her New Amazon Music Short Film ‘Big Boss’
- Lizzo Is A Stylish Beach Babe In Her Latest Instagram Pic
- Active Shooter At Nashville Elementary School; Gunned Down
- Hot Spot (UPDATE): Judge Joe Brown Denies Sexual Assault Claims [LISTEN]
REPORT: Sean Lampkin, Best Known as Nipsey on “Martin,” Dies at 54 was originally published on foxync.com
Who Jumped Tekashi 6ix9ine? Tweet Claims IG Video Shows Name Of Man Stomping Rapper
REPORT: Sean Lampkin, Best Known as Nipsey on “Martin,” Dies at 54
Singer/Songwriter Bobby Caldwell Dies at 71
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022
Active Shooter At Nashville Elementary School; Gunned Down
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Spice Announces Her Third Pregnancy: ‘God Has Been So Good To Me!’