We are sad to report that actor/comedian Sean Lampkin, best known for his role as bar owner “Nipsey” in the 90s sitcom Martin, has reportedly passed away at the age of 54.
As reported by Essence, the news of his death was confirmed on Facebook by his friend Marsel Watts on March 8. “My friend, my last roommate for 10 years, a father and family man, my brother, skate buddy, business partner, and trainer passed away this morning. RIP Sean Lampkin,” she said.
Another friend, Memnar Grayton, also paid tribute to Lampkin, mentioning that he passed away in his sleep. “Sean gave us every morning the shining sun to lead his loved ones and friends down paths that are bright and clear of any danger. He gave us streams of love every day when we’re not feeling good, or we don’t seem to not want to do anything,” he wrote.
“But the thought of his loud laugh and adorable smile made you change any negative thoughts to positive ones,” Grayson added. “He’s that type of man. He gave us his time and effort to situations that he had no clue of, but was there to support us for the cause. He gave us his emotions when any family or friend needed sympathy or empathy for their emotional situations.”
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
A native of Los Angeles, Lampkin made a name for himself, performing in clubs and theaters across the country. Developing a close friendship with Martin Lawrence, Lampkin would land his breakthrough role as “Nipsey” in Lawrence’s iconic series. Appearing in seasons 3-5, Lampkin’s character was a fan favorite.
Lampkin would also appear in a few of Lawrence’s films, including Big Momma’s House, Life, and Bad Boys II.
SOURCE: Essence Magazine
- Trump RICO Defendant Trevian Kutti Facing Jail If Latest Ruby Freeman Threats On IG Violate Bond Agreement
- Prayers Up For Savoi Wright: Black Man Wrongfully Arrested In Venezuela, Family Says
- Justice For Brittany Watts: Black Woman Charged For Allegedly Disposing Of Fetus After Miscarriage
- T.I.’s Former Lawyer Set To Defend Donald Trump In Georgia
- My First Time: Victoria Monét Reflects On Bringing Home Her ‘GRAMMY Baby’ Hazel
- ‘Raising Kanan’ Showrunner Sascha Penn Talks About Season 3’s New Villain, Keeping The Momentum Going & More
- Jacksonville Shooting Victims’ Families Sue Dollar General, Racist Shooter’s Parents
- Buckeyes Star RB Miyan Williams Declares for NFL Draft
- Lawsuit To Target ‘Extremely Aggressive’ Georgia Cop Who Killed Leonard Cure, Exonerated And Unarmed Black Man
- What Is “Rizz?” The Story Behind Oxford’s Word Of The Year For 2023
REPORT: Sean Lampkin, Best Known as Nipsey on “Martin,” Dies at 54 was originally published on foxync.com
Aaron Hall Talks His Sex Game, Calls His Manhood "Historical D#$%" and What Singers Watched Him Have Sex! What in the World?! [VIDEO]
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
12 Days of Holiday Magic
Buckeyes Star RB Miyan Williams Declares for NFL Draft
Join Us in the Spirit of Giving as We Kick Off The Great Holiday Giveback
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Two Crazy Grandma's Fight While Daughter Gives Birth