We are sad to report that actor/comedian Sean Lampkin, best known for his role as bar owner “Nipsey” in the 90s sitcom Martin, has reportedly passed away at the age of 54.
As reported by Essence, the news of his death was confirmed on Facebook by his friend Marsel Watts on March 8. “My friend, my last roommate for 10 years, a father and family man, my brother, skate buddy, business partner, and trainer passed away this morning. RIP Sean Lampkin,” she said.
Another friend, Memnar Grayton, also paid tribute to Lampkin, mentioning that he passed away in his sleep. “Sean gave us every morning the shining sun to lead his loved ones and friends down paths that are bright and clear of any danger. He gave us streams of love every day when we’re not feeling good, or we don’t seem to not want to do anything,” he wrote.
“But the thought of his loud laugh and adorable smile made you change any negative thoughts to positive ones,” Grayson added. “He’s that type of man. He gave us his time and effort to situations that he had no clue of, but was there to support us for the cause. He gave us his emotions when any family or friend needed sympathy or empathy for their emotional situations.”
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
A native of Los Angeles, Lampkin made a name for himself, performing in clubs and theaters across the country. Developing a close friendship with Martin Lawrence, Lampkin would land his breakthrough role as “Nipsey” in Lawrence’s iconic series. Appearing in seasons 3-5, Lampkin’s character was a fan favorite.
Lampkin would also appear in a few of Lawrence’s films, including Big Momma’s House, Life, and Bad Boys II.
SOURCE: Essence Magazine
- Urban One Honors Attendees Speak On All Things Best In Black #UrbanOneHonors
- Cam Newton Gets Swung On At His Own Football Camp [Video]
- LeToya Luckett Hosts TV One LIVE From the Red Carpet at 2024 Urban One Honors
- Councilman Eric Mays Passes Away 65
- Top ‘Sherri’ Exec Found Dead Amidst Financial Investigation
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia & Aphasia
- Justice For Z’Kye Husain: NJ Cops Finally Settle After Viral Wrongful Arrest Of Black Teen In Mall Fight
- Killer Mike Salutes Cathy Hughes & Urban One Honors, Talks Grammy Vindication
- AT&T Blames Software Update for Outage
- “Iconic” is an Understatement When it Comes to Mary J. Blige | Urban One Honors
REPORT: Sean Lampkin, Best Known as Nipsey on “Martin,” Dies at 54 was originally published on foxync.com
Cleveland Rapper, Auntie Piggy is recovering from being shot multiple times
JUST MARRIED: Usher Weds Longtime Girlfriend Jennifer Goicoechea In Vegas
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
Urban One Columbus Presents: 2024 Cutest Couple Contest
Columbus Nightclub Temporarily Closed Following Double Homicide
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
Jennifer Hudson Has 26 Siblings!!