According to NBC4i, LGBTQ+ advocates are turning an act of hate during a Columbus fundraiser on Saturday into a call to action.
Nazi protesters disrupted a drag brunch on Saturday benefiting Kaleidoscope Youth Center, the largest and longest-standing organization supporting the LGBTQ+ community in Ohio. However, since then, KYC has received an outpouring of support from the community.
In addition, the center told NBC4 it has greatly exceeded its fundraising goal of $5,000 by raising around $50,000.
Saturday’s brunch at Land Grant Brewery was organized to promote inclusion and community partnerships.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Win Tickets to See Wu-Tang Clan and Nas!
- ‘Sheeeeiiitttt’: Sen. Bob Menendez’s Bribery Indictment Is Giving Clay Davis Vibes From ‘The Wire’
- Alabama School District Promises ‘Disciplinary Action’ For Students’ Racist Snapchat Messages
- NJ Airport Restaurant That David Brooks Falsely Complained About Is Black-Owned
- Tamar Braxton, Mama Braxton, and Rickey Smiley Talk Grief & Growth [WATCH]
- Tamar Braxton on Love and War 10th Anniversary Tour + ‘Changed’ Live On-Air [LISTEN]
- Memphis Jail Deputies Indicted For Beating Black Inmate To Death
- Irvo Otieno’s Family Agrees To $8.5M Settlement In Black Man’s Untimely Death
- Real Cases, Real Damn Funny: BET Announces Premiere Date For ‘Ms. Pat Settles It’ + Trailer
- Rickey Smiley Announces ‘The Return of Lil’ Darryl’ Live Comedy Special [LISTEN]
CARESOURCE BACK TO SCHOOL OFFICIAL CONTEST
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
EN VOGUE SETTLE LAWSUIT, TWO MEMBERS LOSE NAME RIGHTS
Did You Know Ohio Had Sundown Towns?
What Your Favorite Celebs Wore to the MTV VMA Awards
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Jeezy Files For Divorce From Jeannie Mai, X Chimes In With Thoughts