For the full NBC4 story click here Columbus police are investigating Tuesday afternoon after shots were reportedly fired near the Eakin Elementary School parking lot, according to emergency dispatchers.
Medics on scene transported one victim to Nationwide Children’s in stable condition following the incident, which occurred in the 3000 block of Eakin Road just before 3:30 p.m., dispatchers said.
A spokesperson for Columbus City Schools did not immediately respond for comment on whether Eakin Elementary was on lockdown Tuesday.
The west Columbus school went under a brief lockdown two weeks ago when a bullet grazed an 11-year-old boy several blocks away at the nearby Wedgewood Village Apartments on Wedgewood Drive.
For the full NBC4 story click here
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Win 50 Cent Concert Tickets!
- 1973: The Birth of Hip-Hop | Black Music Month
- Not Fired: Video Of White Teacher Calling Black Student N-Word Goes Viral
- MILF MANUAL: How I Learned To Be An Effective Co-Parent
- Celebs React To Jacky Oh’s Devastating Death
- Common Plastic Surgery Complications and Errors with Dr. Nicholas Jones [AUDIO]
- Chloe and Halle Bailey Are Crocs’ Newest Brand Ambassadors [VIDEO]
- Kurt Geiger X Matthew Williamson Launch Vacation Collection Just In Time For Summer
- Janelle Monáe Talks The ‘Age of Pleasure,’ Finding A “Safe Space” & More
- Quinta Brunson Nails A Ports 1961 Pants Suit At ‘The Hollywood Reporter’ Luncheon
‘Killed’: Lashawn Thompson Autopsy Results Show Inmate ‘Infested’ With Insects Died From Jail Neglect: Lawyers
Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
DC Young Fly’s Partner, Jacky Oh Passed Away During Surgery
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Gabrielle Union Responds to Backlash About Splitting Bills [WATCH]
Lil Kim Is Smokin’ Hot On The Cover Of ‘XXL’ Magazine
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022