One of Black America’s most hated, George Zimmerman, claims he was punched in the face while talking to people at a restaurant in Sanford, Florida, last weekend.
According to WFTV-News, Zimmerman, who shot, killed, and was acquitted of murdering teen Trayvon Martin in 2013, called 911 after being punched in the face for allegedly bragging about the fatal shooting.
During the 911 call, Zimmerman claimed he was merely explaining to a man with tattoos that he shot Martin in self-defense when a large man named “Eddie” approached and asked, “You’re bragging about that?”
Zimmerman said, “No,” and went back to his table after the man made a profane remark and demanded he leave the restaurant, CNN noted.
“Eddie” then proceeded to strike Zimmerman in the face.
The 911 call went as follows:
Zimmerman: “He recognized me. He told me he was going to kill me. He told me he’d (expletive) shoot me and he punched me in the face. This man just punched me in the face.”
Dispatcher: “Is he still there?”
Zimmerman: “Yup. He said he’s going to kill me. You need to send like three or four cops.”
However, witnesses tell a different story, CNN wrote.
According to a police report, Joseph Whitmer said Zimmerman came up to his table and said,“I love your tattoos. My name is George Zimmerman, you know, that guy who killed Trayvon Martin?”
Whitmer’s wife, Beverly, said Zimmerman admired her husband’s “racist tattoos,” and took out his driver’s license to brag about who he was. Another witness says he didn’t see a punch, but a scuffle that ended in a cell phone being knocked out of their hands.
The man, whose full name has not been released, could face charges for the assault.
Trayvon Martin's 20th Birthday: A Timeline Of Racial Issues That Have Plagued Black America
1. Trayvon Martin's Life Wasn't In Vain1 of 19
2. 1995: The OJ Simpson VerdictSource: 2 of 19
3. 1996: Texaco Pays Over $170 Million In A Racial Discrimination Case3 of 19
4. 1997: Stephen Lawrence's Alleged Murderers Exposed4 of 19
5. 1998: The Death Of James Bryd, Jr.Source: 5 of 19
6. 2000: Former Black Panther Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin Is Accused of Murder6 of 19
7. 2002: Donovan Jackson Chavis & Inglewood Cops7 of 19
8. 2003: Scranton, Pennslyvania's Skinhead Epidemic & Ousmane Zongo8 of 19
9. 2005: Hurricane Katrina9 of 19
10. 2006: Sean BellSource: 10 of 19
11. 2007: Don Imus Calls Female Basketball Team "Nappy Headed Hoes"Source: 11 of 19
12. 2009: Oscar GrantSource: 12 of 19
13. 2010: Aiyana Stanley-Jones, Dead at 7-Years-OldSource: 13 of 19
14. 2011: The Capital Punishment of Troy DavisSource: 14 of 19
15. 2012: Jordan Davis & Trayvon Martin15 of 19
16. 2014: #BlackLivesMatter: Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Renisha McBride, Antonio Martin, John Crawford, Tamir Rice & MoreSource: 16 of 19
17. 2015: We Shall Overcome17 of 19