According to NBC4i, Drugmaker Pfizer is currently testing a single pill cure for COVID-19, and if all goes well, the drug could be available this year.
The pill was unveiled at the American Chemical Society Spring 2021 meeting in early April. The drug works by targeting the main protease of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. By inhibiting the protease, the drug prevents the virus from reproducing itself within the body.
Mikael Dolsten, Pfizer’s chief science officer, said in a press release that the pill could be prescribed “at the first sign of infection” without requiring critical care or hospitalization.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
List Of Countries Effected By The Coronavirus
1. China (81,093)1 of 5
2. Italy (59,138)2 of 5
3. America (39,262)3 of 5
4. Spain (33,089)4 of 5
5. Germany (27,546)5 of 5
- Wine Down Wednesdays With Special Guest Michael Jones of Michael Jones Coldwell Banker Realty
- Mayweather, Jake Paul Meetup Erupts In Chaos At Miami Press Event
- Drake May Add A Gift To Your Next Uber Eats Delivery
- In Spite Of It All LHH’s Safaree and Erica Mena Expecting Baby #2
- Did You Know There Is Battle On How to Teach Race & Racism In School??
- Tracee Ellis Ross’ Fashionable Solo Trips Teach Us A Thing Or Two About Dating Yourself
- Zuri Hall Gives Us The Scoop On Her Podcast “Hot Happy Mess”, Her Must-Have Beauty Products, And Her Favorite Red Carpet Looks
- COSI Holds Virtual Science Festival, May 5th-8th
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s Ep. 14: “Mom Love”
- Vanessa Bryant’s Mambacita Clothing Line Honoring Gigi Bryant Sells Out In A Day
- How Those Vaccinated in the U.S. Could Win a Chance to See The Big Game in Person!