According to NBC4i, Drugmaker Pfizer is currently testing a single pill cure for COVID-19, and if all goes well, the drug could be available this year.
The pill was unveiled at the American Chemical Society Spring 2021 meeting in early April. The drug works by targeting the main protease of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. By inhibiting the protease, the drug prevents the virus from reproducing itself within the body.
Mikael Dolsten, Pfizer’s chief science officer, said in a press release that the pill could be prescribed “at the first sign of infection” without requiring critical care or hospitalization.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
List Of Countries Effected By The Coronavirus
1. China (81,093)1 of 5
2. Italy (59,138)2 of 5
3. America (39,262)3 of 5
4. Spain (33,089)4 of 5
5. Germany (27,546)5 of 5
- Fenty Beauty Made Rihanna A Billionaire
- Megan Thee Stallion’s Natural Hair Takes This Sexy #MyCalvins Ad to The Next Level
- #BlackTwitter Agrees Sheek Louch Is Still Fine AF
- Front Page News: Two More Officers Who Responded To Capitol Riots Have Committed Suicide [WATCH]
- Nurse Alice Informs Parents On How To Prep Kids For Returning To In-Person School [WATCH]
- City of Columbus Cracks Down on Reckless ATV Use Leads to Arrest, Seizure of Vehicles & Guns
- T.I. Was All Smiles While Breaking Down His Arrest In New Amsterdam Following “Biking Incident” Involving A Police Officer
- President Barack Obama’s Birthday Bash Cuts Down Guest List Due To Delta Variant
- Grandmaster Flash Says He Heard Dr. Dre’s New Album And It Will Change The Game
- Three Central Ohio Restaurants, Concert Hall Requiring Vaccine, Negative COVID-19 Test for Entry