According to NBC4i, a 27-year-old who died in a confrontation with police at St. Ann’s Hospital last April was shot 20 times by police during the encounter, according to the Franklin County coroner.
Miles Jackson, who was brought to the emergency room in Westerville after passing out in his vehicle, was shot 20 times in the head, chest, abdomen and legs following a pat down that turned fatal, according to a Thursday report from the Franklin County Coroner’s Office.
Body camera footage released in April showed police officers searching Jackson’s pockets and putting his belongings into bags for storage.
During the search, officers discovered something hidden in Jackson’s pants but struggled to retrieve the item. A struggle ensued, and police used a Taser on Jackson.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Sabrina Elba Slays In A Curve Hugging Brown Dress
- Brandy Is A Black Barbie In Latest Instagram Pics
- Morehouse To Offer Groundbreaking Black History Course In The Metaverse
- Nia Long Opens Up About Ime Udoka Cheating Scandal: ‘It Was Devastating’
- Kanye West Doubled Down On Comments & Opinion On Adolf Hitler With Alex Jones
- Willow Smith Serves Goth Glam At The ‘Emancipation’ Premiere
- Keisha Knight Pulliam And Husband Brad James Expecting First Child Together
- Get Ya Mans: Ye Goes On Alex Jones’ ‘InfoWars,’ Praises Hitler and Nazis
- Cardi B’s Farewell Collection With Reebok Is Serving Major Looks
- You’ve Got Nerve: Wendy Williams’ Ex Requests More Money From Guardian