Home sweet home. We all invest in protecting our belongings from purchasing insurance to installing home security systems. But there are easy things that we sometimes forget to do to keep our belongings and loved ones safe from harm. Here are a few tips:
1. Changing smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries regularly: When you hear the warning beep, don’t ignore it. Replace the batteries as soon as possible.
2. Create an escape plan and have regular family fire drills. Be prepared.
3. Unplug electric blankets and heaters when not in use. Fires resulting from heaters are common in the winter so remember to disconnect them before retiring.
4. Store flammable liquids, such as gas for the lawnmower, cans of paint and charcoal lighter fluid in proper containers.
5. Invest in fire extinguishers. Keep one in the kitchen and on the second level of your home.
For more tips and money-saving coupons, go to www.pgeveryday.com.
A Safe House: 5 Easy Ways to Keep Your Family Out of Danger was originally published on blackamericaweb.com
‘Killed’: Lashawn Thompson Autopsy Results Show Inmate ‘Infested’ With Insects Died From Jail Neglect: Lawyers
Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
Lil Kim Is Smokin’ Hot On The Cover Of ‘XXL’ Magazine
Gabrielle Union Responds to Backlash About Splitting Bills [WATCH]
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Celebrities Who Were Accused of Sexual Assault at The Playboy Mansion and Events
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022