The auction ended Wednesday, but it was unclear whether the final offer of $138,900 was legitimate.
UPDATED: Thursday, May 19, 10:50 AM
Zimmerman’s offer to sell the Kel-Tec PF9 9mm handgun on UnitedGunGroup.com drew praise from gun rights enthusiasts and scorn from people who criticized him for seeking to profit from fatally shooting the 17-year-old.
Zimmerman was acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges in the shooting, which sparked debates on race relations, gun control and American justice and provided a catalyst for the Black Lives Matter civil rights movement.
In a statement on Twitter after the bidding closed, United Gun Group defended its decision to host the auction. The group said it had run simultaneous auctions for the gun, one for pre-qualified buyers and another for the public.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
In an interview with The Daily Beast, Zimmerman says,
“They didn’t raise their son right. He attacked a complete stranger and attempted to kill him.”
Zimmerman did not spare his disdain for the Martin family, further stating to the Beast,
“Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin did everything they could to capitalize on her son’s death,” he said. “She was never a mother figure to him. Tracy Martin couldn’t have cared less about their son. He treated him like a dog without a leash.”
These comments come less than a week after news broke that Zimmerman will auction off the gun he used in the February 26, 2012 shooting. Zimmerman is selling the gun on UnitedGunGroup.com. Bidding began at $100,000.
Zimmerman told the news outlet he decided to sell the gun after praying about his decision, claiming he’s suffered financially in the aftermath of the Martin trial. He also spewed venom about the Black Lives Matter Movement, alleging they are on the wrong side of the history; the police involved in Ferguson, Cleveland, and countless other cities are the ones who suffered.
The Daily Beast reached out to Ciara Taylor, political director for Dream Defenders, an activist group assembled after Martin’s death. Taylor vehemently disagreed with Zimmerman’s language, telling the site that May is Mental Health Awareness Month and Zimmerman should seek counsel for his disturbing rhetoric.
“The recent actions of George Zimmerman are prime examples of a mental condition affecting the country at large: a heteropatriarchal, white supremacist societal illness that has been permeating and abstracting the moral conscience of the people United States since its foundation,” said Taylor.
Zimmerman closed the interview offering his thoughts on the 2016 election, saying that he has more “homework” to do before he can endorse Donald Trump. In regards to Hillary Clinton, Zimmerman said he “will do whatever it takes to dispel [Clinton’s] lies and disrupt the Black Lives Matter movement.”
SOURCES: The Daily Beast | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
ARTICLE FROM: NewsOne.com
Article Courtesy of Reuters, The Daily Beast, and NewsOne
Picture Courtesy of Getty Images and NewsOne
Cleveland's Own DJ Knyce breaks Guinness World Record
1. 1459734857624Source:djknyce ferris wheel 1 of 17
2. 14597348000596Source:djknyce ferris wheel 2 of 17
3. 1459734853067Source:djknyce ferris wheel 3 of 17
4. 14597348489562Source:djknyce ferris wheel 4 of 17
5. 14597348442716Source:djknyce ferris wheel 5 of 17
6. 14597348398172Source:djknyce ferris wheel 6 of 17
7. 14597348359003Source:djknyce ferris wheel 7 of 17
8. 14597348318323Source:djknyce ferris wheel 8 of 17
9. 14597348269927Source:djknyce ferris wheel 9 of 17
10. 14597348226186Source:djknyce ferris wheel 10 of 17
11. 1459734862454Source:djknyce ferris wheel 11 of 17
12. 14597348179373Source:djknyce ferris wheel 12 of 17
13. 14597348136418Source:djknyce ferris wheel 13 of 17
14. 14597348088515Source:djknyce ferris wheel 14 of 17
15. 14597348043707Source:djknyce ferris wheel 15 of 17
16. 14597347902831Source:djknyce ferris wheel 16 of 17
17. 14597347953465Source:djknyce ferris wheel 17 of 17
Zimmerman Gun Allegedly Fetches Over $120,000 In Online Auction was originally published on wzakcleveland.com