The Columbus City School district has announced that starting August 15th all sports and extracurricular activities will be suspended until further notice due to concerns with COVID-19.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Teams will be able to wrap up all pre-season work and collect equipment before the suspension of fall sports including e soccer, golf, cross country, football, girls tennis, and cheerleading.
CCS Superintendent/CEO Dr. Talisa Dixon said on the school’s official website, “Today’s decision is a difficult one, but throughout this pandemic, our top priority has been the health and safety of our students, their families, our staff, and the Columbus community. We all know how important athletics and extracurricular activities are to our students, as well as the fabric of our schools and the communities they serve. But we also know the importance of protecting the health and safety of our students and those communities. We must make our decisions about the fall with that in mind. “
The good news is that sports could come back sooner than later. It all depends on the update COVID numbers, state, and CDC recommendations. The situation will be monitored closely for ongoing revaluation.
Watch below where Dr. Dixon and others go into depth as to how they came to this decision.
- The HistoryMakers Celebrates 20 years Of African American Leadership
- Mompreneur Melissa Dewgard Created My Melanin Fits To Celebrate The Culture. Period.
- Biden Calls For Bold Rescue Plan To Tackle Economy
- 5 Facts About The Assassination Of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- [WATCH] Release The Pressure: Wellness Wednesday Interview Series Hosted By Tom Joyner About Racism in Healthcare
- Rock T’s HBCU Spotlight: Rick Ross, Albany State University [WATCH]
- Keke Palmer Says Too Much Makeup Is Not The Root To Bad Acne
- Front Page News: Here’s Joe Biden’s Coronavirus Rescue Plan [WATCH]
- Ohio Counties COVID Vaccination Plans
- Black Lawmakers, Allies Demand That White Supremacy Is Addressed Within The Halls Of Congress
- Sounds About White: Capitol Terrorist Arrested With Zip-Ties ‘To Take Hostages’ Is Released From Jail