The family of Andre Hill and their Attorney Ben Crump held a press conference just hours after the arrest of former Columbus Police Officer Adam Coy. Coy was indicted for the December 22, 2020 murder of Andre Hill.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Hill was unarmed when he was shot and killed by the former Columbus Police Officer. Coy was fired by the department shortly after while the Hill family members demanded more. Attorney Ben Crump said in a press conference with the family that, “The family of Andre Hill is relieved this morning, but they are not satisfied with an indictment of the police officer who killed Andre Hill as he held a cellphone walking out of a garage. They’re relieved that the grand jury, Franklin County citizens returned an indictment for murder for felonious assault,”.
He also stated that the reason the Hill family isn’t satisfied is because charges and an arrest do not mean a conviction and a conviction is what the family wants. “based on what has happened before in America that when a white police officer kills an unarmed black person that does not guarantee a conviction, and they want Officer Adam Coy to be convicted for the unjustified, unnecessary, and the senseless killing of Andre Hill”. said Crump.
Coy has been charged with murder in the commission of a felony, felonious assault, and two counts of dereliction of duty for failing to turn on his body camera and failing to inform fellow officers that he felt Hill presented a danger. He plans to enter a not guilty plea.
See the entire press conference here:
- Wine Down Wednesdays With Special Guest Nwaka Onwusa Hosted Nia Noelle
- [WATCH] Urban One Exclusive Interview with New Columbus Police Chief Elaine Bryant
- Enter To Win: Which HBCU Are You? Quiz + Contest
- Magic Celebrates Black Music Month
- 4 Ways To Celebrate Juneteenth
- Juneteenth Celebrations in Columbus
- The Hollywood Walk Of Fame Is Recognizing These 15 Black Celebrities For Their Class Of 2022 Inductions
- Gary’s Tea: Woman Claims That Carmelo Anthony Is The Father Of Her Twins Amidst LaLa Filing Divorce
- Mariah Carey Is Reminding Everyone That We Still Got To “Wipe It Down”
- Eve Verzuz Trina Went Down Now Swizz Beatz Teases Lil Kim Has Got Next
- TRIED IT: Stax Originals Just Took My Athleisure Wear To The Next Level
- Did Mariah Carey Reignite Eminem Beef With Her “Obsessed” Anniversary Tribute?
- La La Files For Divorce From Carmelo Anthony
- Police Riot Team Resigns After Fellow Officer Indicted For Alleged Assault During Protest