According to NBC4i, Governor Mike DeWine has announced a plan to end mask mandates and all health orders in Ohio. Although there is a plan, the date has not been set yet. It all depends on how Ohioans continue to work hard to drive down COVID-19 numbers in the state.
DeWine said he will cancel all health orders once the state reaches 50 COVID-19 cases per 100,000 residents over a two-week period.
His comments came a day after two fellow Republicans called on DeWine to suspend the health orders after Texas and Mississippi said they would.
In making his case for how we would end the health orders, DeWine first summarized the state’s efforts to vaccinate Ohioans that began in December with nursing home residents and front-line healthcare workers.
For the full NBC4 story click here https://www.nbc4i.com/community/health/coronavirus/ohio-governor-mike-dewine-plans-530-p-m-statewide-address-on-covid-19/
Watch his address here
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Win Tickets to The Ohio Black Expo Riverfront Culture Fest
- Alicia Keys Strikes A Pose In A Pat Bo Dress While On Vacation
- GRAPHIC: Tyre Nichols “Inhumane” Body Cam Footage Released
- Tyre Nichols’ Brutal Arrest Video Released, His Mother Doesn’t Want Children To Watch
- NLE Choppa Talks Viral “LIFE” Quote, Memphis Artists You Need To Know, Why He’s Vegan + More
- Virginia Library Pays Nikole Hannah-Jones More Than $35K For ‘The 1619 Project’ Speech, And Some Are Unhappy
- Anika Kai Shows Us How To Upgrade Our French Manicure In Her Latest Tutorial
- Ben Crump Compares Tyre Nichols’ Footage To Rodney King: ‘Those Officers Did Not Extend Any Humanity’ [WATCH]
- Reginae Carter Oozes Style Goals On The Gram Yet Again
- Average home price, mortgage rates fell in Columbus in December
- Dollar General Shuts Down All Stores Across Ohio