According to NBC4i, Columbus police were called to an apartment on the 300 block of S. Chase Avenue on reports of a shooting around 12:49 a.m. Thursday.
They say they found the victim, 28-year old Kenneth Elliott III suffering from a gunshot wound.
Elliott had been shot by his live-in girlfriend, then ran to a next-door neighbor’s apartment where he collapsed, according to police.
Police say responding officers had to help the victim to the medic on scene because the suspect refused to put down her gun.
Arrested and charged with felonious assault was 25-year old Lanisha A. Carter.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Tami Roman Rocks A Natural ‘Fro And Shows Off Progress From Her Natural Hair Journey
- Was Comedian Michael Che Wrong For Sharing Jokes About Simone Biles’ Sexual Assault?
- The Richland County Fair Is Back With No Restrictions
- Gabrielle Union Debuts New Jumbo Box Braids And We’re Loving It!
- Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz Celebrate Their Anniversary
- Biden Administration Says Infrastructure Deal Prioritizes The Black Community
- Eye On The Community with Sean Anthony: Interview about Black Girl Soar
- Alicia Keys Shares Sweet Message To Hubby Swizz Beatz For Their 11th Anniversary: ‘Twin Flames’
- Philadelphia Black Man Freed After Three Decades in Prison Based Off 30-Year-Old Evidence Already In The System
- Rep. Cori Bush Calls Inaction On Eviction Moratorium A ‘Moral Failure’