According to NBC4i, more than 110,000 Ohio school students and more than 22,000 teachers and staff members have tested positive for COVID-19, according to the latest weekly data released Thursday by the Ohio Department of Health.
Numbers reflect the week ending the previous Sunday, so this week’s modest increase of 5,559 new cases is lower, because it reflects a time that schools were on winter break.
Ohio K-12 schools have reported 136,082 total cases to ODH since the school year began. Infections were caught in and out of school.
113,310 (83%) cases are students and 22,772 (17%) are staff members, which include teachers, administrators, coaches and support staff.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Halle Bailey Shows Off Bikini Bod In Latest Pic: ‘Suns Out, Buns Out’
- In Setback For Ex-Cop Who Fired Blindly Into Breonna Taylor’s Home, His Upcoming Trial Will Be Partially Open To The Press
- Beyond Black: Racial Justice Groups List Qualities Biden’s SCOTUS Nominee Must Possess
- Nicki Minaj Teases Sultry New Look Ahead Of Her New Collaboration With Lil Baby
- Iowa man identified as suspect in 2020 Columbus double murder
- Marsai Martin And Her Dad Show Us How To Style ‘Dad Jeans’ In New Hollister Campaign
- How To Get Super Close & Personal With The Rickey Smiley Morning Show! [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: D.A.R.E. Starts Petition To Cancel ‘Euphoria,’ Says Show Glamorizes Kids On Drugs [WATCH]
- Kanye West Is Reportedly Planning A Fashion Show Featuring Homeless Models
- Frustrated Florida Democrats Walk Out Of Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo’s Confirmation Hearing