According to NBC4i, a Florida woman was placed under arrest and is facing charges after police say she used funds from a COVID-19-era Paycheck Protection Program loan to hire a hitman.
Authorities in Miami say Jasmine Martinez, 33, used part of a $15,000 PPP loan to pay a hitman who allegedly shot and killed Le’Shonte Jones, 24, in front of her home last year.
Martinez reportedly received the loan on April 20, 2021, and withdrew $10,000 of it from her account just days before Jones was shot to death. Police have separately arrested Javon Carter, who they believe was the hitman, The New York Times reported.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Holiday Gift Guide: The Best Fragrance Sets
- DEA Informant Joseph Vincent Pleads Guilty To Involvement In Jovenel Moïse Assassination Plot
- Black Health 365: Judy Dupart-Harris Sheds Light On The Pregnancy Journey For Same-Sex Couples
- New Dave Chappelle Comedy Special Premieres December 31 On Netflix
- Lady B Says Hip-Hop Genre ‘Will Never Be Topped’
- Kid Cudi Checks Rich Paul On Cleveland Connections
- Da Brat Says Carrying Her Child Was ‘The Best Decision I’ve Ever Made In My Life’
- Ohio Announces Minimum Wage Increase for 2024
- Charlamagne Tha God Says 50 Cent’s Diddy Trolling Is Diabolical Genius Level
- Jeezy Denies Jeannie Mai’s Claims Of Infidelity: “100% False”
Aaron Hall Talks His Sex Game, Calls His Manhood "Historical D#$%" and What Singers Watched Him Have Sex! What in the World?! [VIDEO]
Ohio Announces Minimum Wage Increase for 2024
Beautiful Celebrities Who Have Been Cheated On
12 Days of Holiday Magic
Buckeyes Star RB Miyan Williams Declares for NFL Draft
Join Us in the Spirit of Giving as We Kick Off The Great Holiday Giveback
Famous Black People Who Have Died in 2022
RIP: Famous Black People Who Died in 2023