According to NBC4i, a suspect is facing charges after a police chase and crash that ended in Trumbull County on Thursday.
Maurice Reginald Matthews, of Cleveland, is now charged with failure to comply with the order or signal of a police officer, obstructing official business, breaking and entering, possession of drugs, driving under suspension, leaving the scene of an accident, reckless operation, following too close, speed, driving on a closed roadway, window tint, obstructed license plates, failure to use a turn signal and driving in marked lanes.
Matthews also had warrants for his arrest on several charges, including aggravated robbery, aggravated burglary and larceny, according to the Portage County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies with the P.A.C.E. (Portage Aggressive Crime Enforcement) Unit were conducting traffic enforcement on the Ohio Turnpike in Portage County when they saw a vehicle traveling eastbound in Freedom Township with a heavy window tint. According to Portage County Sheriff Bruce Zuchowski, the license plate was also obstructed, and the driver committed multiple traffic violations.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Sybil Wilkes ‘What You Need To Know’ White Supremacist Pleads Guilty — Can Biden Ban Assault Weapons — Officer Sentenced Lightly
- Hip-Hop History Month: Respect The Beatboxer
- Elon Musk Attacks Apple CEO After The Tech Company Allegedly Halted Advertisements
- Tia Mowry Takes to Instagram To Share How She’s Indulging In Self Care
- Ohio State President Kristina Johnson to announce resignation
- We Went To Porsha Williams & Simon Guobadia’s Wedding & Here Are All The Details! [WATCH]
- Santas Just Like Me Is Bringing The Gift Of Diversity To The Christmas Industry
- Gary’s Tea: Woman Exposes LaTocha Scott’s Husband & Says She’s Having His Baby! [WATCH]
- What’s Trending: Here’s An Update On What We Know About The Shanquella Robinson Case [WATCH]
- Megan The Stallion Makes History As The First Black Woman To Cover The ‘Forbes’ Under 30 Issue